SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, has anyone else had the problem of their fog lights liking to burn out a lot? I am using 100w H3s and they love to burn out. Last weekend i decided i would put a new bulb in and see how long they last, now less than a week later of using them the other side has burnt out, and i havent used them at all for a long while cause one side is always out. I thought maybe it was water leaking in and brurning them out, but after today of me driving to work and them both working, and then driving home and only one working without rain i threw that idea out. Also a while back, a friend that was driving in front of me, said he saw one turn off and on and then stay off, but that could have been a loose filament. Any ideas? My next resort is to just go back to the 55w and see what happens.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just leave mine off...

I don't know about Virginia, but in Illinois you're only allowed to have two white lights on when there's on coming traffic.

Although it's rarely enforced, the cops could give all the perpetual fog light users tickets just as if they drove around with their brights on all the time.

A number of years ago, I went to traffic court to dispute a parking ticket, another driver was their to fight is ticket for having his fog lights and headlights on at night and not turning the fogs off when the cop flashed his brights...Judge wouldn't throw it out and he had to pay...

I don't see the point anyway...they light up the road a few feet ahead of your car...way too close to be of any real use in non-foggy conditions.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Personally, I think the fact that you are running 100W bulbs instead of 55W could be a potential culprit. If not a bulb killer, it is a fire hazard, you're putting about twice as much current through the fog light wires than they were designed for. In 1.5 years of ownership I've gone through a total of 2 or 3 55W H3 bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts