SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9-5 from 2000

Does anyone know how to re-wire the fog lights so that you can make them stay on even when the high beams are switched on?

I am also trying to figure out how I can turn the fogs on without any headlights on for when its extremely dense fog.

thanks,
shua

G

·
I am also trying to figure out how I can turn the fogs on without any headlights on for when its extremely dense fog.
For some reason, US regulations only allow your fog lights to be on in combination with your regular headlights. It totally defeats the purpose of fog lights in dense fog, as you mentioned. But 99% percent of US drivers are not smart enough to only use fog lights in dense fog anyways..

There is a Euro setting for the fog lights but the dealer has to program that with their Tech II equipemt. Many dealers won't have a clue what you're talking about or are not willing to make that change so good luck with that.

Welcome to Saab Central!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
For some reason, US regulations only allow your fog lights to be on in combination with your regular headlights.
Thanks for explaining as I'm sitting here (UK) thinking - but mine stay on :p

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I had mine changed to the euro setting via Tech II. I can now operate the fogs when the "parking" lights are on, as long as the DRL fuse is pulled. They still go out when you hit the high beams. If you are running high beams, they you really don't need fog lights.

This set up is legal as this is how most US cars are set up.

In addition, the following happens.
If the fogs are on with the parking lights, then I can operate the rear fog light too. If the fog lights are off, but the parking lights are on, no rear fog light.

If the headlights are on, I can operate the rear fog light with or without the front fogs.

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts