SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago my fog light died on me. I replaced the bulb and that seemed to work fine for about two days and then died aswell. I took my car into a mechanic and said that the housing had rusted so i orded a new housing and that has not solved the problem. I have checked the fuses and the the wiring that leads from the connection to the housing to the joining of all the other wires. I dont know what else to check or do to get this light working.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Break out your continuity light and see if the ground are still good. They are located on the left and right side inner fender panels.

You may need to remove stuff (battery for one) for see them. But if the continuity is good, then it matters not.
Also, with your test light, assure that the power supply is good..
There are two relays involved and the ICE.
Do you live in the rust belt ??

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
bcohen408 said:
What do you mean by the continuity light
Do you have a multitester/voltometer? You want to be using the resistance setting (depicted by the omega (W) symbol). I believe when continuity is not acheived a digital multitester will read .OL (overload) and if continuity is present you get an actual number (representing the resistance).

Have you examined the newest bulb to see if it has burned out? Are you using the appropriate 55W bulb?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts