SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 1998 900S and when i bought it used, both fog housings were smashed in, yet the drivers side did work. I recently bought two used fog light housings from a car being stripped, the lenses are scratch-free and look as good as new. Now, before I even consider paying anyone to swap these out for me, how can I do it myself? Is it even that difficult? I know there's probably some resource for it somewhere, but I can't seem to find one online. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
"Gloucester! They're always from Gloucester." That's a favorite line of mine from the movie The Perfect Storm. Anyway, check out the attachement. It's not too hard too change the fog lights.

... Ron

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes! The perfect storm. So proud to be from Gloucester

Anyway, the lower Air Deflector bumper part does not seem to wanna come off. Is it sealed on to the upper, painted bumper? I removed any bolts that i could find, minus the center one below the grille and the passenger side rear torx screw. They are both rusty and stripped, and are giving me trouble... but the seam along the lower gray and upper black bumper, the gray bumper being what i need to take off to gain access to the bottom screw of the fog light, is completely tight and seems to be a whole piece.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone.

I gave up trying to take the splash guard off. I just took a huge flat screwdriver and pried the plastic down to expose the bottom screw of the fog housings. A little less than gentle, but no damage done and the fog lights look beautiful. Thanks for all the help!

Photo 25.jpg

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Hey, it all goes to prove that the engineers that wrote the maintenance documents never have to use them. Glad that you "Got-Err-Done."... Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts