SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As I had been dealing with replacing HID bulbs in our 9-5, I noticed the front right fog light has been shattered. Probably a rock or something.

I found a replacement at PFS, just curious if anyone has installed/replaced fog light in their 2002-2005 9-5 that could give me pointers or possibly link to instructions? It appears I might need to remove some body/bumper trim to gain access to mount the fog light, never done that before so any advice is welcome

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
No need to remove any panels, but you do need to get it up on ramps or even better a lift. Then you can access all the mounting bolts from underneath. About a five minute job once you're under there.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dclee said:
No need to remove any panels, but you do need to get it up on ramps or even better a lift. Then you can access all the mounting bolts from underneath. About a five minute job once you're under there.

No lift, but a couple floor jacks & stands should do the trick (I hope)

Good to know its pretty much self explainatory once you get under there - thanks!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Energy_AZ said:
No lift, but a couple floor jacks & stands should do the trick (I hope)

Good to know its pretty much self explainatory once you get under there - thanks!
The seals had worn and moisture got in the fogs on my '03 and they looked flat and dull inside the lense, so I replaced them with the PFS ones. Best price new I could find.

I did not need to jack up the car, and I'm 6', 220. Just turned the wheel in, got on my back and used a wrench. Easy swap.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
SaabScott said:
Those are sweet and about the cost of a single from the dealer! :eek:

Unfortunately, you loose the turning lights (which I happen to like).

Does anyone have those lights?
Could we get a comparrison?
What do you mean by "turning lights"?

Also, if anybody has these I'd love to see a pic - night and day.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Cornering lights, for the MY98-01 they were incorporated into the fog light housing (2 bulbs in each lamp). They turn on when you click the turn signal (one side at the time) and shine light at 45 degree angle at the turn you are about to take :D Very neat feature, too bad they discontinued it from MY02 on...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
walmark said:
Cornering lights, for the MY98-01 they were incorporated into the fog light housing (2 bulbs in each lamp). They turn on when you click the turn signal (one side at the time) and shine light at 45 degree angle at the turn you are about to take :D Very neat feature, too bad they discontinued it from MY02 on...
That is a cool feature. Given that Saab is huge on safety, I'm surprised they dropped it, but then it is not a concern for my '03 if I ever decide to go with those cool and more modern looking looking round fog inserts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts