SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...

I need a replacement lens for my right hand foglight (2000 Viggen). What years/models can I get glass from?? (or a whole new light if i must.)

I'm assuming 99-02 9-3 will fit, and i'm fairly sure NG900 won't... what about a 9-5? Not sure since mine has the fog light plus the little turn signal light and i have no idea what the others came with.

I've been looking on ebay and online at junk yards etc but no luck for weeks now because i refuse to pay $150+ for a whole new assembly (150 FOR JUST ONE LIGHT???? :evil: ). hoping to broaden my search so i'll have better luck with the junk yards. a few i've contacted "might be" able to help me out, but weren't sure what else would fit it.

Another question while i'm thinking of it: what size (diameter) is the hood emblem? ....2 inches?? I need a new one but some of the auctions on ebay are a little less than clear on their products. want to make sure i get the right size! wish i could just go out and measure mine :roll:

many thanks! hope you all had a good weekend :)

Peter

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Don't know about the fogs. I know you can't use the NG900's, though. I got a steal on eBay for $30 for one light and $75 for the other in great condition. That was the best I saw them. I know on the 900, you can't replace the lense, so...

As for the symbol, I'd go to eeuro. Chances are they aren't even really that much more expensive. But yes, the hood symbol is 2 inches and the hatch one is larger. I bought a "Saab" badge for mine since I thought it looked better w/o the "scania" I never understood that. It'd be like buying a cadillac with a "Cadillac-GMC Trucks" badge.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bk. i probably will go with eeuro, just shopping around ;)

good point about not being able to get the glass only... i took the glass out when it broke, but now that i think about it, it was glued/sealed to the light. so maybe i have to get the whole thing. might try posting on the 9-5 board to see if theirs will work.

can anyone with a 99-02 base or SE 9-3 tell me if they have the fog + turning light in their fogs? thanks!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Per eeuroparts.com on the foglight:

"Left/drivers side foglight assembly for any 99-00 9-3(any model) INCLUDING Viggen. Genuine Saab."

Of course the right side says the same thing. So looks like any 99-00 9-3 will work. Unfortunately the 9-5 has a different part number, so I assume they are different in some way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For the hood emblem, why even bother with ebay? Go to the dealer, or eeuroparts.com, or any other place that can get factory parts. I need a new emblem as well, and can't see it being over 20-30 dollars at most.

For the fogs, both of mine are cracked as well. I'm thinking of possibly getting aftermarket, because at $300 for a whole set of new ones, its not worth it....could get a superior aftermarket set for 1/3 the price and hopefully wire it right in. Most places selling used SAAB parts seem to be out of the stock units, they seem to be in high demand, since everyone breaks one at one point.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i've been considering aftermarkets as well... but i don't know anything about what's good for aftermarket lights so i figured i'd stay stock. what kind were you thinking of turbodrivr? others?

edit: oops! i just saw turbodrivr's other thread re: aftermarket fogs. so anyone on that topic please reply under his thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts