SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dude i just bought my saab like 5 days ago and one of my fog lights needs a bulb replaced. how do i access the lamp to change the bulb???
:confused:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
This task is far easier than this : http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109426

This should be explained( by PMI) in the owners manual, probably is not.

It is one where the extractor man must lie on his back with a good strong light and above average perseverance.
I had a good? link(vendio image hosting), but this has failed, thus it is no more.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
When CleveSaab came to my house for a brake job two or three weeks ago, I replaced his driver's side fog light bulb in 20 minutes. You really only have to remove the 2 center screws (one of which will likely be pretty rusted in its clip. If you use a wrench on top and bottom of this one you can probably break it free. The other one will be easy. Now snap the front lower valence panel out from it plastic retainers and pull it forward (toward you) and away to the side. The lower screw for the bulb housing is now easily accessible, as are the two top ones which you can remove at any time, and the fog light housing can be dropped down through the opening between the underside splash guard and the bumper assembly and the bulb replaced. You do not need to jack the car up and you really do not need to get on your back.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Saaboheme said:
When CleveSaab came to my house for a brake job two or three weeks ago, I replaced his driver's side fog light bulb in 20 minutes. You really only have to remove the 2 center screws (one of which will likely be pretty rusted in its clip. If you use a wrench on top and bottom of this one you can probably break it free. The other one will be easy. Now snap the front lower valence panel out from it plastic retainers and pull it forward (toward you) and away to the side. The lower screw for the bulb housing is now easily accessible, as are the two top ones which you can remove at any time, and the fog light housing can be dropped down through the opening between the underside splash guard and the bumper assembly and the bulb replaced. You do not need to jack the car up and you really do not need to get on your back.
Jeff, can that be done with the Talladega lip spoiler as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts