SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to allow the fog lamps to come on while the DRL are on? If so, what exactly needs to be done with the Tech II? My dealer doesn't know and need specific instructions.

Is there a way to do it while disabling the DRL?

I'm just looking at my options right now.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Not sure what you mean when DRL is on, because unless you've changed the settings, DRL is always on (ie: headlights always on regardless of dial position).

Assuming your car works the same as mine (Canadian spec), the fogs can only come on when the dial is on the "headlight" (straight up) position. If the dial is at the "parking lights" or "0" (off) positions, the fogs can't come on.

I've been meaning to disable my DRLs too. From what I know, Tech-II can change it to "rest-of-world" ("ROW") setting, effectively disabling DRL. After that, the fogs can come on at all three dial settings, I think.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant by DRL is actually the parking lights. I want to be able to deactivate those and be able to drive with the eye brows and fog lamps only.

Does anybody have the exact instructions on how to do with the Tech II so I can tell my Saab dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
What I meant by DRL is actually the parking lights. I want to be able to deactivate those and be able to drive with the eye brows and fog lamps only.

Does anybody have the exact instructions on how to do with the Tech II so I can tell my Saab dealer?

Thanks.
04's have eye brows?

most dealers will not do this for "safty reasons", but really they want the DRL's to stay on all the time, so you have to pay for new bulbs when they burn out :lol:

if you're friendly with the tech at your stealership, he should know what to do already.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the eye brows are on my 2008 model. My 2004 is now for sale.

I'm pretty sure my dealer will do as I say, as long as I pay for it. They don't have the instructions on how to do it, which is why I'm asking for it here so I can relay the information to them.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Not all dealers do as you say even if you want to pay. The third saab dealer did it for me no questions asked. The first 2 refused to, even after I said its my car, I have money, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had this discussion with my dealer already. If I tell them what to do with the Tech II, they will do it. I guess all they care about is making money, and making sure the client is happy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little late here.. but did you ever find a solution? I'm looking to do the exact same.
What I ended up doing is replacing them with blue LEDs, then covering the entire light with a headlight tint (except for the eye brow). With the tint, you could barely tell the blue light was there. I also installed HID lights in the fog lights to compensate for the dimmer headlights. I have since sold the car. I attached a picture, not sure if it worked.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts