SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and couldnt come up with a definite list. I want to retain the tow hooks, they will in all likelyhood be seeing some use. What intercoolers will work without cutting the hooks? Losing the A/C is an option.

Better yet what would the maximum dimensions be? I am trying to keep this project on the budget side, so I am leaning toward a volvo or 9k IC if it will fit.

thanks.
'91 c900 - Project Build Thread

·
Registered
165 Posts
9k ic won't fit between the towhooks, Volvo ic will. I still recommend a cheap aluminium intercooler (check ebay). I got mine for ~150 euros shipped. Mine is mounted so that the charge pipes go below the towhooks, I believe maximum width of the ic that goes in without cutting anything is something like 64 cm.

My ic before the front spoiler was installed The lower end is roughly in the same height as the original front spoiler. There was a good thread called "Show your FMIC" or something, you could search inspiration from there.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
there are tow points under the car as well...so they arent that vital

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dans_t16s said:
One of my cars has a Volvo intercooler fitted, and still has both tow eyes:

Ok that looks decent, probably going to go with the volvo IC. Thats out of a 760 right?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
a mitsubishi lancer evolution 8 or 9 intercooler also fits, though you have to modify the intercooler itself slightly

·
Registered
139 Posts
I paid $9 (technically $58.99...but $49.99 of it didn't come from my account, directly) for a '97 9000 FMIC. The front bumper is being smarter then me so it's not even remotly close to being put in. I can't figure out the bolts holding the lower part in, they just spin.

My A/C had no gas (pushed both valves, nothing) so I'm also in the process of removing that stuff.

·
Registered
801 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts