SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm assuming this mounted directly behind the bumper cover on the under side of the metal bumper? And #1 & #7 are aluminum pipes fitted inside of the existing ic piping? Great drawing! Thanks for the share

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming this mounted directly behind the bumper cover on the under side of the metal bumper?
Correct

And #1 & #7 are aluminum pipes fitted inside of the existing ic piping?
Nope,
#1 & #7 are existing rubber IC pipes

#9 &#10 are aluminum pipes fitted inside of the existing IC piping(requires #11 & #12).
I forgot to cross the "optional" word on the BOM.

Great drawing! Thanks for the share
I wouldn't go so far as to call this scheme - Great Drawing! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you. Do you happen to have specific links to the vendors/components you actually used? Specifically the IC.
I believe all ebay ICs are the same quality. I would buy best priced IC.

For elbows, pipes, clamps I can recommend siliconeintakes

if money are not a problem -Breeze Constant Torque Stainless Steel Hose Clamp

This BOM is just a list of the parts I made in 2012. I do not remember all nuances.
Please use common sense.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I believe all ebay ICs are the same quality. I would buy best priced IC.

For elbows, pipes, clamps I can recommend siliconeintakes

if money are not a problem -Breeze Constant Torque Stainless Steel Hose Clamp

This BOM is just a list of the parts I made in 2012. I do not remember all nuances.
Please use common sense.
Thank you.

I plan on doing this in the spring and a buddy that does fabrication has offered to help but this will make the parts list finding easier. Thanks again.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Has anyone logged IAT's to see if this mod produces positive results? Curious if the better placement of the intercooler offsets the decrease in surface area

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Has anyone logged IAT's to see if this mod produces positive results? Curious if the better placement of the intercooler offsets the decrease in surface area

I did the T7 logs but do not remember :) where I posted it: on saabcentral or on trionictuning.

Approx. you can count for FMIC/ETS ICs:
add +5C degrees to ambient temperature during highway cruising
add +10C degrees to ambient temperature during city driving

Here some data Stock vs ETS
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=20
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=21
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=22

·
Registered
884 Posts
Just curious if the Inter-cooler sizing was based off of what was available or what would fit or thermodynamics? I'm looking to do this on my 06 in the spring and this makes it easier than pulling the splash guard down in the snow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious if the Inter-cooler sizing was based off of what was available or what would fit or thermodynamics? I'm looking to do this on my 06 in the spring and this makes it easier than pulling the splash guard down in the snow.
Maximum available size that fit space and broscience :cheesy:

·
Registered
355 Posts
IRROD, fantastic drawing.
Eventually I found someone who described it from the scratch and dispeled the doubts when it comes to piping.

I have 2002 AERO - One basic question - I want to install a FMIC but still cannot find any info If it's a must to move back the oil cooler in the place of the old IC to free up space in front and mount it below the crash bar, partially behind it? Which size is the way to go then , 550x180x65 (would be around 21,5 x 7 x 2,5 inches)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts