SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sounds good. How is it inside at highway cruise?
Very tolerable........muted deep tone. From a stop w/light throttle it rumbles pretty good. As you get to say 40 on up it lightens up considerably. Decelerating ( foot off gas) sounds stock. Coasting to a stop while it's downshifting, you can hear it through each gear as if you have a manual and your downshifting from high revs. Pretty neat sound. The main thing is (like I said a few times) is that the sound stays contained to the back.......there is no drone, all Flowmaster.

I'll get some audio of "in car driving" soon....wanted to get this started first. Down the road I'd like to get the V2 downpipe from GS. I understand you don't
need a tune w/that yes?

·
Registered
744 Posts
i threw a 40 series on one day when i was bored to see what it sounded like and it was extremely loud and not all that cool.

but that was with a 3'' dp and no center resonator

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i threw a 40 series on one day when i was bored to see what it sounded like and it was extremely loud and not all that cool.

but that was with a 3'' dp and no center resonator
I know alot just do straight pipe when deleting the res, but IMO a proper center muffler is crucial when you want to improve or increase the sound coming out the back.

I've already noticed the amount of decreased restriction which equals better gas mileage and slightly better off line performance. It's there, even w/out other mods yet. Drone is non-existent. I do agree that this may be for some, a little too robust of a muffler compared to some more discreet. I wanted something more low end sounding than most you hear online.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow! awesome sound at an awesome price!! do you know about how loud it is in db?

No, and honestly I don't have a clue how to do that. Another tester to buy I would assume to find out? Unless their cheap, I wouldn't get one.
I do plan on doing some drive by video/audio at speed to see how it sounds. Just finding the time........

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are iPhone and android apps for that free
I'll have to get my kids to do this then. I'm way old school.....deliberately not keeping up w/todays technology because it's one more distraction. I'm sure at some point I won't have a choice but to keep up w/it.:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts