SaabCentral Forums banner

Floor Mats - Lloyd's etc. vs eSaabparts (OE?)

377 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  cleeland
Gonna get some new mats for the '08. I've pretty much always bought Lloyd's and never once regretted it. A lot of that driven by the fact it's often hard to get OE mats 10+ years later. But, esaabparts has '08 9-5 mats in stock at a very good price... and I'd like to both save money and give it to essabparts.

Has anyone purchased 9-5 mats from esaabparts? Are they nice? Actually OE quality?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
11,165 Posts
The mats they have now for the 9-5 are quite a bit thinner than the old ones, but they fit perfectly and look good. I wish they'd stock grey ones for the older ones, too. There's almost nothing black in them except for the steering wheel.

I bought my mom a set of Lloyd's mats for her Pontiac Grand Prix years ago. They were great, and so much better than the originals, plus they'll embroider them with the Pontiac logo, which I thought was cool. The ones for the 9-5 are also nice, but my two complaints are that they don't offer serged edging like the originals, and they don't offer a shade of grey that matches the older 9-5s. Both of my 9-5s have mats in great shape that I've found at the junkyard, and my NG900 has Designer Mats. They sell theirs in a ton of shades and offer serged edging as an option. If I had a Dame Edna 9-5, though, I'd stick with the factory mats since black looks just fine in those.

· Registered
13,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's exactly where I am. I have Lloyds in several cars and like them a lot but I'm hardly a floormat enthusiast... if the esaabparts black mats fit nice and look ok in the 9-5, I think it's a done deal. I'm not going for excellence on that car. Just intact-ness. :D But, I can't tolerate black mats with a grey interior. I guess the Viggen has the advantage of the seats, but I feel like black mats just adds a 95th shade of bland nobody needs. :D

· Registered
11,165 Posts
I'd never kick a Viggen out of my driveway, but the biggest thing I don't like about them is all the shades of grey in the interior. They should have brought back the 900's black dashboard and center console for that car. For some reason the 900s with black interiors had some odd grey mats that age horribly. They end up practically green.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts