SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to get some new floor mats, actually 2 sets, for winter and summer.

My car is the 'titan gray' and it has the medium gray interior. I looked at these but it says it's for 2003-2007 models... Will this fit my 2008 9-3 vehicle:

http://eeuroparts.com/Parts/PartDetail.php?partCode=93169144

Also I've seen the rubber sets at genuinesaab:

Rubber: http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=562

Bsr Textile mats... They are black, dunno how would that look with a black leather and gray interiror:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_45&products_id=587

How about the Weathertech AllWeather?

Do these look nice in the vehicle:
http://www.weathertech.com/saab/2009/9-3/floor-mats-all-weather/bodystyle/sedan/

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I was really sad when I found out weathertech doesnt make their digitalfit floor mats for our cars. My wife has a 2008 and mine is a 2010. I believe if someone is in the Chicago area, you can go to their facility and have them use your car to make a set. For doing that they will give you a free set of mats. I'm a four hour drive so it's too far for me.

Of all the ones you posted, go with Weathertech. They are the best floor mat company around. I've owned 5 sets of their mats and they have all been perfect.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was really sad when I found out weathertech doesnt make their digitalfit floor mats for our cars. My wife has a 2008 and mine is a 2010. I believe if someone is in the Chicago area, you can go to their facility and have them use your car to make a set. For doing that they will give you a free set of mats. I'm a four hour drive so it's too far for me.

Of all the ones you posted, go with Weathertech. They are the best floor mat company around. I've owned 5 sets of their mats and they have all been perfect.
Yes I always used the DigitalFit, they are perfect looking and have those great huge lips that stops the melted snow on it's tracks! I hope they come out with these for our Saabs...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
How about textile?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yes I always used the DigitalFit, they are perfect looking and have those great huge lips that stops the melted snow on it's tracks! I hope they come out with these for our Saabs...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
How about textile?
What is textile? Google search turned up a bunch of random stuff.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is textile? Google search turned up a bunch of random stuff.
Textile mats are mats made of fabric and not rubber. I need 2 sets, 1 rubber for winter and 1 textile for summer. I love to do long drives without any shoes on!

Im kinda partial to my stateofnine mats. These are extremely nice and are pure quality. I also bought some Saab aluminum emblem tags that fasten to the rear carpets. I'll see if I can snap some pics and post up.
They look great, I'm trying to buy a set here on the forums for sale, they cost over 159,00 on eBay.

Send more pics please!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Everyone, please fill out this form

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

Click on digitalfit floor liners as your option.

The more people that fill it out, the better chance we have of them being made. There is very little aftermarket for our cars, so every little bit helps.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
The only functional difference between pre 08 and 08 and up mats is that the placement holes are smaller on the pre 08s and must be really forced on the 08+ pegs if rubber, If carpet they must be bored out a small bit.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am pretty sure that Kanundrum ordered these a while back. I would contact him to make sure. He did all the research to make sure that they would fit.

dave

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The only functional difference between pre 08 and 08 and up mats is that the placement holes are smaller on the pre 08s and must be really forced on the 08+ pegs if rubber, If carpet they must be bored out a small bit.
I recall on my '03 and '06 the mats had holes and the carpet had angle type hooks.
My '09 has round snaps. I'm guessing the changes were made in MY '08 so not all years are compatible.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Filled out the Weathtech request.....somewhere I read if you live near them and go to let them digitally measure your car, you get the set free and they can then offer them for sale....

Sean

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I just ordered the fronts. It looks like the rears aren't contoured properly for our center console, and I really don't want to cut them up. Besides 99% of my driving with only be 1-2 people so i'm not too worried about the back.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Crap Just pmed you, The rear small trimming is needed for the center console.
It doesn't look like a big deal at all judging by the pictures. As long as there is no bulk you can't notice unless you know what you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts