SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace mine. It is starting to rot through.

Any ideas how much this costs? is it easy to do on ones own?

Looks like its just a matter of unbolting the nuts pullingit out, and bolting on a new one (though it might be tricky to get rusty bolts off...)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks sortof like it....

It's the part lying on the ground in the top right of this picture:

Eww. And it is more expensive than I had thought...

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Ok PM me with your top bid and I'll try for you! ;)

You pay the postage too though :eek:

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris 9-5 said:
Ok PM me with your top bid and I'll try for you! ;)

You pay the postage too though :eek:
I really appreciate the offer, but I think I am going to try to get one domestically instead.

I have had a whole lot of terrible luck with international shipping. I just don't trust it at all anymore... :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Ok my friend ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mattlach,

That is the very exhaust that im looking for :cool: i love that tail exit.
I know its a remus, but do you have the part Nos ? for it as ive tried some people in uk and theyve not located it.
Did you buy it in USA and how much was it ?

Also how does the exhaust note sound with regard to oe ?

Flex pipes - You can also buy the flex pipe bit only of a supplier in USA, and then just weld it into the solid bits. Its dirt cheap this way, probably about 30 dollars for the flex bit then just weld it in place or get a garage to do.

I bought 2 inch flex bits for my old alfa romeo 2 years ago and had them welded in - worked beautifully .
I cant remember the name of the supplier in USA, but i could dig out my old notes if required.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A buddy of mine had that same problem with his 99 9-3. Took it to the local mechanic and put a new on on. all together cost him 100 bucks w/labor. The part by itself only cost thirty. Have you checked with your local mechaninc? The one my buddy had put on was off a domestic vehicle, forget which one.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wyoming saab said:
A buddy of mine had that same problem with his 99 9-3. Took it to the local mechanic and put a new on on. all together cost him 100 bucks w/labor. The part by itself only cost thirty. Have you checked with your local mechaninc? The one my buddy had put on was off a domestic vehicle, forget which one.
This is very interesting...

I'm assuming he did as thedriver recommended above and welded a flex pipe to the solid parts without completely replacing the flex-pipe portion.

Do you know anyhting more about what he did than you already mentioned?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mattlach,

Yes, its a simple job of just replacing the flex parts only and welding onto your existing hard pipe bits.

You will have to measure them yourself but the flex place will assist you with this before you order.
Here is where i got mine from last february http://www.epiflex.com/

When you go to fit them, the best way is to have the exhaust on the car with the old flex bit removed, then place the new flex in position, and make a couple of spot welds to hold it in place, then remove exhaust part and complete a proper weld.
This will save you some bucks to spend on other things :p

From memory, there were single and double skinned flex-pipes, single was noisier, double was quieter.
Check out all their options.

Are you able to answer my previous question about you remus exhaust ?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thedriver said:
Are you able to answer my previous question about you remus exhaust ?
My apologies. I thought I had already responded to that :p Must have been confused as I was recently discussing it in this topic in the mods forum...

I live in the U.S. and bought it over here from www.genuinesaab.com. It's also available on www.saabcatalog.com. Both of these are however in the U.S. not sure where you'd find them in Europe.

I think the part number is 0268722 but don't quote me on that. I can check on it when I get home.

One thing worth mentioning is that it has the same part number in the US and in Europe but it differs slightly. The U.S. Version includes the straight pipe from the cat to the rear muffler, where the European version does not. In Europe you only get the muffler to tip assembly...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes Mattlach thanks for that, ive located that exhaust now, just waiting for the shipping quote :eek:

That post is very informative, but it did not seem to conclude what effect fitting a catback system would have on the T7 beyond noise ? (if any)

Any further comments or data been located ?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thedriver said:
Yes Mattlach thanks for that, ive located that exhaust now, just waiting for the shipping quote :eek:

That post is very informative, but it did not seem to conclude what effect fitting a catback system would have on the T7 beyond noise ? (if any)

Any further comments or data been located ?
The performance difference is marginal at best, but I believe you do need to have an ECU upgrade in order to take advantage of it.

I don't know which car you have, but on my aero BSR notes the difference by fitting their similar exhaust system as follows:

Code:
stock:            230hp/350Nm
just ECU:         274hp/434Nm
ECU+Exhaust:      275hp/448Nm
So the difference is kinda small....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts