SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2006 9-5 and when I accelerate hard (like merging with traffic) my check engine light flashes. the only code is p1141. it doesn't run or idle rough. Any ideas what's causing this

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Probably a bad MAF, but potentially a bad MAP sensor, DIC module, or throttle body. Flashing CEL means catalyst damaging misfire - driving under these conditions will result in a VERY expensive repair VERY quickly. Get some monitoring on the sensors to get a direction, but keep off the throttle. You don't want to replace cats.

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
Check/replace spark plugs first. They are cheapest parts to change randomly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the MAF and MAP something u can order of rockauto.com? only reason I'm asking is I've read unless the DIC is from Saab they basically only last a few months before misfiring again. I also found a service record of where the previous owner had a new DIC put in January.I changed the spark plugs and erased the codes and the p1141 came back with the flashing check engine when i accelerate

·
Registered
614 Posts
Check to make sure the DIC is OEM/SEM

MAF's arent expensive to replace, but you could try cleaning it first, although some people say that doesn't really do much

You can buy a MAF/Throttle body cleaner from CRC at Walmart for like $10. Can't hurt to clean both of those to see if that would help. Probably would only take half an hour too

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my 2000 Aero about two weeks ago, and then again this morning. I had replaced the DI Cassette with a spare the day it first happened, and I hadn't seen the flashing check engine light since, but it came back this morning while passing someone on the freeway on my morning commute. I just ordered a set of the proper B235R NGK Laser Platinum spark plugs, which shockingly are cheaper from Saab than anywhere else. Next I'll clean the MAF and the throttle body as suggested previously, and hope that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
My flashing check engine light seems to be gone. I went to clean the MAF sensor two nights ago and noticed for the first time since owning the car that it was installed backwards! The airflow arrows were pointing away from the turbo's intake pipe. I cleaned the sensor with some CRC MAF cleaner, reinstalled it the correct way, and amazingly enough the car had quite a bit more pep on the commute to work the next morning. I replaced the NGK Laser Platinum plugs last night, which had about 60,000 miles on them, and those made a noticeable difference, too. Between those two changes and readjusting the throttle cable, which was really stretched, it feels like a whole new car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts