SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can someone tell me how to fix the vacuum system that works the ventilation? Mine used to make all the right poping, sucky sounds when you turned the vent dial.

But recently it stopped doing that and it seems to only blow on full with air only coming out the dash and limited amount to the side/central vents.

Is it an easy fix or is it an expensive/labour-intensive job?

·
Banned
3,949 Posts
Hi, can someone tell me how to fix the vacuum system that works the ventilation? Mine used to make all the right poping, sucky sounds when you turned the vent dial.

But recently it stopped doing that and it seems to only blow on full with air only coming out the dash and limited amount to the side/central vents.

Is it an easy fix or is it an expensive/labour-intensive job?

Lift the bonnet/hood and check the vacuum cannister in the passenger side wheel well (RHD) to be sure the lines have not seperated there and under the a/c evaporator housing. For that matter, check the line that runs under the wind screen to the back of the intake manifold (since your there).

if those are well you then should probably remove the knee bolster, passenger speaker grill (MORE ACCESS), and radio (if yours sets in the upper portion of the dash) and trace the lines.

there is a servo that rides on the lower vent duct (PS RHD) the line was seperated from when I had a similiar problem.

It can be a PITA but, no Barney,,

·
Registered
888 Posts
If you find no leaks or disconnected vac hoses it's the switch/distributor on the back of the unit itself. They can crap out and do what you describe. If that's the propblem start searching for the part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts