SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just bought the saab site blend door repair kit and everything is looking good (and heating up :D) for the driver's side. Only took about 2 hours total, I could probably do it in about 1/2 hour now. Anyway, Code 11 is also a blend door, but I haven't seen any threads on it. Is this going to be exactly the same as the code 08 repair? How do I even get under the glove box, etc...

Thanks in advance

Oh, and if anyone in the Colorado Springs area needs help with the 08 fix, let me know.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think it's the same as code 08 but on passenger side. If you did the driver already, passenger should not be an issue. I've done both (ugraded to aluminum stop arms on boths sides) and found drivers side to be more difficult.

You don't get under the glovebox. You remove it. Change your cabin air filter while you're there. Take a look at this site, should help you out.

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20060901.Saab_9-5_Cabin_Filter/

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
jweitzel24 said:
Ok, so I just bought the saab site blend door repair kit and everything is looking good (and heating up :D) for the driver's side. Only took about 2 hours total, I could probably do it in about 1/2 hour now. Anyway, Code 11 is also a blend door, but I haven't seen any threads on it. Is this going to be exactly the same as the code 08 repair? How do I even get under the glove box, etc...

Thanks in advance

Oh, and if anyone in the Colorado Springs area needs help with the 08 fix, let me know.
Denver area: getting code 0; fan blower is intermittant, on for awhile then off, will suddendly turn on whil driving.

thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
364 Posts
PMKColorado said:
Denver area: getting code 0; fan blower is intermittant, on for awhile then off, will suddendly turn on whil driving.

thanks,

Paul
Paul, sounds like your blower motor is on its way out. Mine actually stopped working completely. However, it doesn't mean it is dead. You need to get to it and clean it with some electric contact cleaner and some cotton cue tips. It could be that one of your brushes isn't making good contact. I did this and everything works like a charm now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts