1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To add to the list of my cars problems are the following:

-Oil leak that drips onto the exhaust, creating smoke
-Major power steering fluid leak

The oil leak is coming from a braided metal hose (about 3/4" or 1" in diameter) that is located beneath the exhaust manifold. It fairly short, and attaches at either end to a solid metal tube, which I assume is just pressed on. The leak is coming from between the solid metal and the braided hose, down at the lower end (the opposite end is shown in the pic).

My question on this is: can I fix it without taking it to the mechanic and paying through the nose?

On the subject of power steering fluid, when I got the car, the Power Steering Rack needed to be replaced. While I had the engine out, I did just that, but I replaced it with one from a junkyard (stupid idea). Now, it leaks worse than ever:(.

My question on this: can I replace the rack or otherwise fix the leak without pulling the engine?

Thanks for helping me with my crippled car:cheesy:.

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
duh

heh heh;oops:

I fixed the Power Steering Fluid leak:cheesy:. It took me all of five minutes to tighten a bolt leading into the pump that was practically finger-loose:roll:. Ah well, that was probably the shortest repair that I've ever done on a car.

I still need help with my oil leak predicament if anyone knows something about it.....please....:cry:.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts