SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found time to fit my bigger inlet manifold, overall it was fairly straightforward, had to fab up 2 brackets for the fuel rail. I had previously modded a standard fuel rail by removing the fuel regulator and welding the hole up, this allows me to fit an external adjustable fuel regulator. The oil filler/dip stick tube has to be extended 84mm which as luck would have it has an internal ID of 22mm which means 22mm copper pipe fits nice and snug inside it. I got a N/A dipstick when I source the new manifold so that was easy enough. The cable support bracket which bolts onto the original manifold was cable tied to the bottom section of the new manifold for simplicity reasons.
The fact that the manifold fits snug against the fire wall means i was pushed for space for my water injection pump as i mounted my regulator there also, so I turned it facing vertical.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing that did cause me problems was the inlet manifold sits higher on the engine than the standard one thus the ylee pipe ends up too short for the standard elbow flexible between the intercooler outlet and the intake pipe. I extended the flexible with a bit of steel tubing to get the extra inch or so required, this wil suffice until I go up to 3" from intercooler all the way to the throttlebody.

Anyone spot the deliberate mistake on the intake pictures??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Looks very interesting. Let us know what the benefits are for your low-end and mid-range power output.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of this mod before. Obviously, the N/A manifold is bigger, with long runners, but what benefits should one expect to see out of a swap like this?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
N/A engine doesn't have any jubilee clips on the rubber connectors as it runs under vacuum all the time. I bought a box of clips but they turned out to be 1mm too small so I need to purchase 8 jubilee clips and stick them on on when I get back home....as is might leak a bit at 2 barg :cheesy:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts