SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some clariffcation. I have been told that most 9-5's have a standard wireing loom just not all acessories are pluged into it. I am trying to find out if i can buy heated seats, make them work assuming i have only standard ones at the moment and fit a cruise control kit.

Can anyone help.

Cheers

·
Registered
290 Posts
I fitted electric seats, they are not heated.

The standard plug in the bottom of the seats is for the side airbag and seatrbelt warning light etc. Not sure if its for the heated element.

I had to put some new wiring in!

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Some seats come pre-wired for the heating function, there should be some wires poking out the bottom of the seat with no apparent function. These are the connection.....you will have to install the back and seat base heater pads under the upholstery, and replace the blank switches on the dash. The alternative as you say is to buy seats with everything in place and transplant them in.

G

·
My 2000 was prewired for heated seats. I bought a second hand set of leather. When I went to fit them I found these extra connectors hanging out the bottom, the car had a corresponding block as well. Plugged em in added some heater switches into the dash (The connectors are fixed to the switch blanks).

And hey presto a nice warm jacksee :cheesy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys. I have bought a new set of leather seats to replace my cream cloth ones. Sort of overlooked the obvious. I seem to have a spare set of cloth seats. I know people look for leather upgrades but never to downgrade to cloth. could make a home sofa out of them i guess.

I looked for connectors in the motor but i cant find any. i must have the only motor without them. May be easier to see when the seats are out.

Does anyone know abou controls for seats with fan cooling in them. How would this be plugged in.

Cheers

·
Registered
312 Posts
Finn said:
I dumped my old ones, kept the drivers seat, I use it infront of the big screen to play Grand tourismo
:cheesy: :cheesy: do you have a wheel attached to play also?

I've got the wheel, but there's no way my wife would let me have the seat as well....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow and how much fun would that be. Not sure that my mum would agree. And i have a steering wheel. Just not the game:cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts