SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents!

My name is Quentin, just to introduce me a little bit: I own a 94 900NG SE, B204L with a Maptun Stage 1 E85 ECU.
I plan to tune it a bit harder in the future, and the next step is: 3" turboback exhaust, manual boost controler, AFR, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

So here is my question: does anyone of you know how to fit one of these on our fuel line? I noticed that fuel intake and fuel tank return were on the same side of the fuel ramp, the stock FPR being on the opposite side. Could I find an adapter to fit instead of the current FPR, and then plug the adjustable FPR on the return hose?
If not, how shall we fit these universal adjustable FPR on our B204L?

I also know I can find some 3.5bar FPR to fit plug and play but this is not what I am looking for, i'd like to adjust fuel pressure according to the AFR so I could adjust the bosst pressure by in accordance myself. But of course, once the full tune will be finished, I will do a complete remap in accordance with my hardware mods.

Hope my request is clear and some of you can answer it :)

Thank you in advance,
Quentin

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Hi Quentin and welcome to SC.
Why you want to use manual boost control? Trionic5 is quite flexible and you can tweak it with T5 suite. So you do not need adjustable FPR.
What T5 can not handle is E85/gasoline, because T5 do not have enough memory for this. You need 2 T5 boxes, one for E85 and one for gasoline, T5 is not flexi fuel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mimmi, and thank you for your reply :)

To be honest, I am not really aware about T5 suite. Of course, I've read some info about it but I am a bit scared about it, I feel like I wouldn't have the skills for it... Would it be cheaper than fitting manual BC and FPR? I don't really know how it works, i'll try to gain more knowledge about it. Does it require a good PC btw?

FYI: I run on E85 ^^

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Any laptop/PC will be fine.
I highly recommend T5 suite and trionictuning forum. Remember that they are experts.
With fully operating T5, you will be much safer and you will have more power and better engine handling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thanx! But how does it work? Is T5 Suite just a software to modify my ECU parameters? How am I supposed to connect the ECU to my laptop and where could I download the software ? ^^
Would I need MaptunerX ? ?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Go to trionictuning forum. There is also list of working cables etc.
No need for maptuner any more.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Rough list of what you need:
  • John C's Combi adapter (there are other options you can learn about)
  • T5 ECU connector from a junk car
  • T5 Suite from trionictuning.com
  • 15v+ small power source
  • Lots of time learning at trionictuning.com
An MBC is fast and easy, but also crude. You get about 15# of boost, then the ECU will cut fuel. No way around that without tuning the ECU. You also lose the ability for the ECU to cut boost if knock is detected.

You don't need a new/higher rate FPR with any tune up to stage 3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bob, thanks for these information!
Could you just tell me more about this John C's combi adapter, where could I find it ?

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts