SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got in my boost gauge today and I need some help fitting it in. I got the electronics all hooked up so all I need to do is put the joint fitting into the tube. However the instructions that came with the gauge suck, and I cant figure out which tube this is.

Heres one tube which starts somewhere deep in the back of the engine bay and come up on the left side of the engine and into this thing. Is this the waste gate and is this the correct tube for the joint fitting?

Or heres another which starts here^^ and runs up somewhere into the engine.

Or is there some other hose which Im missing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
The line that others have tapped is a vacuum line to the compressor bypass valve (CBV).

There's an easy place to install a T fitting just under the black plastic cowl over the engine.

The CBV line must use positive pressure to keep the valve closed while building boost. I'm not sure if it switches to vacuum to open the valve, or relies on internal springs to pop it open. Maybe both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thers three possible lines I see under the plastic cover of the engine. Theres the first one I posted:

The second one I posted:

which starts here:

Or a third one which starts at a little box in the front of the engine and attaches to a big tube:

Are one of these the ones you're talking about ctrlz???
Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
Where are you going to put the gauge in the car???

I want to put one also...especially after upgrading to stage 1...but I'm not sure where to place it...

I was thinking of a digital gauge next to the cupholder,where you guys have the on star butons...

·
Registered
413 Posts
smiffaz said:
Or a third one which starts at a little box in the front of the engine and attaches to a big tube:

Are one of these the ones you're talking about ctrlz???
Thanks
you can also tee into the looped tubing to the right of the main wiring bundle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts