SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with fitting the new unit of Pioneer, named AVIC-X920BT (or AVIC-F920BT) to either

• 900NG
or

• 9-3OG.

First question addresses the mechanical part, ie. does it fit alright in depth? I read the deepness is 165mm which really doesn't give the idea, as I have an Eclipse AVN2222P in my NG900 with the same specs (165mm) and it doesn't quite fit alright, sticks out by some 12mm's from the dashboard as the backpanel's top left area, especially the upper row of RCA outlets bump into a robust stiffener bar running behind the dashboard.

Then there is the electronic part, I have no concerns about fitting it into NG, but as I know there's something more complicated with the 9-3's electronic system, may there be any issues with installing it there?

Any experience is welcome about that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Not quite likely...

OK, when comparing sizes of F920BT with F910BT, it seems that there's an increase in the depth dimension: F920BT is 165mm while F910BT was only 157mm.

While we have seen examples of successfully installed F910BT's (F700BT's), it seems that the F920BT possibly can't be fitted to NG900/OG9-3. :(

Still, if there's anyone succeeded in installing F920BT, pls let me know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts