SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my car in early January 2007 so this is the end of my first year of ownership. While I continue to enjoy the experience, I've had a frustrating number of issues large and small:

1). Relay failed, cooling fan would not shut off, fixed.
2). CD changer would not eject discs, replaced.
3). Coolant reseivoir crack, lost coolant, replaced.
4). Battery died after 9 months, replaced.
5). Banjo fitting failed, lost coolant, fixed.
6). Battery disconnect switch failed, fixed.

This is the first car I have not leased or financed, paid cash for it on the theory that I would drive it for 10 years. It's been babied, no street races, careful parking, garaged overnight.

I guess I'm just nervous about what the future holds :eek: ...

John

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I've driven the heck out of mine, putting on 20,000 miles in less than six months.

No unscheduled service work required and no failures.

I think the Aeros have more problems than the 2.0T. The coolant problems are well known with the Aero.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I've had mine since Sept 06 and have only been back to the dealer twice: Once to get the door handles changed (they were black and supposed to be silver--apparently this was some sort of build error relating to the fact it was a European delivery car) and once for an oil change. 15K miles now.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
When I first bought my car, I had A LOT of unscheduled visits to the delear. Now that my warranty is up, I forgot what the delear looks like ( knock on wood). Other than that, i dont know, it's really a matter of luck. My 2003 has never had a major problem and hopefully it will continue that way. Goodluck on your car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's not bad, my '04 X-Type was in 13 times in 12 months with the first half mechanical malfunctions and the rest body/paint related. Jaguar's ownership experience may be great for the S-Type and XJ/XK, but the X-Type was the little bastar* of the lineup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.