SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Recently purchased a 2003 Saab 9-5 Aero 5-Speed with 25k miles. I've had the car for about 2 weeks, and I have loved every minute of it.

Just to make sure that I am on top of things...are there any recalls/manufacturer acknowledged issues with the 2003 Saab 9-5 Aeros? Also, I noticed in my car manual that Saab recommends fuel with an octane rating of 87-93. What octane do you guys recommend for my 9-5 Aero?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Zach

·
Registered
59 Posts
run the highest octane you can get to keep performance up and do full synthetic oil changes; cost more (mine run about $60 using mobil 1 full synthetic) but lasts longer and better for car. you can find all the info you need in your owners manual. also, call your local saab dealer and ask for a warranty record. they will get the last 8 of your vin and can mail or fax you a copy of all warranty info (recalls, work done, needing done, etc...). follow the manual according to service work done at authorized saab to avoid extra costs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fat_eld said:
run the highest octane you can get to keep performance up and do full synthetic oil changes; cost more (mine run about $60 using mobil 1 full synthetic) but lasts longer and better for car. you can find all the info you need in your owners manual. also, call your local saab dealer and ask for a warranty record. they will get the last 8 of your vin and can mail or fax you a copy of all warranty info (recalls, work done, needing done, etc...). follow the manual according to service work done at authorized saab to avoid extra costs.
I noticed in another thread that you had changed the oil right when you received your recently purchased car. Did you do this yourself? If so, how difficult was it? This was one issue I did have with buying this Saab...I was a bit skeptical on how much an oil change would cost me since I couldn't just take it to the local Jiffy Lube.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i didnt do it myself because the oil is nowhere even close to me to be purchased in a retail store cause no one carries it but i was lucky enough to find a mobil 1 service shop where i live (in idaho) that does full synthetic. they have a location finder on their website that can be helpful, thats what i used.
http://web.sa.mapquest.com/mobil1/?tempset=search
just ask around and check online to find someone close depending on where you live. you can just hop over to jiffy lube, but then you are at 3k oil changes like most cars every few months rather every 6-8k miles and of course its not recommended. a few other threads listed the oil they like to use and you may also be able to just find a good brand and shop that can do it. it does suck you cant just run to the auto store to pick this up and do it yourself.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
zachmaster said:
Surprisingly enough, I did peruse the FAQ thread prior to creating this thread. I was simply asking that particular user what he did with his circumstances. Thanks anyway.
Just in case he did it differently - I getcha ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts