SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I guess I should introduce myself over here in the 9-5 neck of the woods. I've been here on SC for years, and have owned a 94 NG900SE. Here it is:

About 5 months ago I purchased a 1999 2.3lpt 9-5 for $960 !!! Only problem was it had a bad motor!

Here she is when I brought her home:

It has sat there like that for the last 5 months mostly because my wife had a baby, that was a month early! This is our second and the plan was to hurry and start/finihs the car before the baby came. ANybody with kids knows that the difficulty of finishing projects goes up with two kids and so the 9-5 has taken a back seat!

But here she is as of yesterday:

con't below

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yesterday my dad (in the red), me (in the dark blue) and Saaboheme (in the grey sweater) pulled out the motor. Here are a few pics of that:

Here we all are assessing the situation

Getting it out:

Look its an engine:

con't below

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am kinda hands on:

Almost there (red tie downs used to try and level it out once we were mostly clear)

Sucess!

con't below

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is in good shape otherwise. The motor has a good sized hole in the block right in the cly 1 area. I haven't found out exactly what is the reason I have a hole in the block yet. I've not started to tear down the motor, but I will post pics when I know more. When I bought the car, I was 90% sure it had a hole in the block I could see from a hole in the oil pan. I'm 100% sure it has not one but 2 holes in the block now! I've bought a donor motor from a 2.0 9-3 (t7 as well) whose block I will use (picked up the complete motor for 30 bux) and I am hoping to salvage the crank and some pistons from the 2.3. We will see what else needsbought once I tear it down.

I've got the bug already to make it fast though! I've acquired a Td04 I plan on putting in with the new motor and just upgrading t stock aero software for now. We will see what comes next, but it is a PRNDL that is supposed to be for my wife so no race car here.

I'll post new pics when I start to tear into it later this week and next.

Tboy

·
Registered
502 Posts
Very well executed! I hope everything works out. It seems it has so far with you coming across those kind of deals! Awesome stuff!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice start to a cool project, wish I had the time for that, I have 2 kids too, 2-1/2 year old and 4-1/2 month old, I'm stuck with 2 hour projects for now, good luck with that build!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts