SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was coming home from the girlfriends house and pulled over and turned the konis to firm and went to a parking lot to have some fun. and arond 25-30mph you can really through the back end around! i thin you all should go out and do this. one because its fun, and two its good to see how your car will act when the back end goes out on it or the abs kicks in hard. ( and what happens at 30mph with the wheel cut and e-brake pulled:lol: )

i am very happy with the way the saab is in the snow, much better than my last car, a camaro:nono;

anyone else got some snow stories?

·
Registered
127 Posts
We had snow a couple of days two weeks ago. Tired summer tyres, 25mph in a roundabout. I went in nose first, came out with the rear. Exciting..
Same day, on my way home from work late at night i break to stop at a red light. About 30 mph, i slide right through the crossing, break pedal to the floor. Fortunate noone but me drives this late at night. The day after, i put it in the garage. And thats where it stays until march!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just took mine out for the first time ever in the snow, and it was amazing. :cheesy: Used to drive a ford focus zx3, that thing sucked on the snow. I drove to work today with about 4 inches of snow on the ground and got the tires spinning on one of the side streets with powder on it, love the sound of the engine then that satisfying "PSSHT". Handled pretty well in the snow, can't wait to see how it will handle and sound with the rear anti-roll bar and blowoff I ordered. Oh, and... the ebrake works reallllly well. haha :lol:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Received some snow over the last few days! The new wheels/tires are decent but not amazing. Avon Tech 550s (not new and too wide, 225/45/17s).

Crappy picture I know :)

Rogo

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Every time I get fresh snow, I'll be out for hours driving in it. I like being able to drift with out destroying my tires. Saabs are very good in the snow, I get get her to literally do circles around objects.

Try going head on at a light pole and then swinging the back end around as you pull the e brake. if you have the right tires and you give it the right amount of gas you can get the car to circle the lamp with the front end always facing right at it.

I love winter, and saabs. So this is a good time of year for me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a set of winter tires on there and they help but not a whole lot. My tires spin from a stop all the time, with little gas applied, so that kinda sucks esp going up slight inclines!

But when we get fresh powder and an abandoned parking lot, it makes it worth driving in the winter. me and my friends turbo'd civic hatch ( which is gutted/weighs about 1500lbs or less, and 360hp and takes two hours to get off the line in the snow! ) try to spell out words or do figure eights.

·
Registered
597 Posts
We had about 8" of snow on Saturday night. My new Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's sucked, for an all season perfoemance tire they were bad. Maybe they meant all season except winter/really deep snow?

·
Registered
386 Posts
bout the same amount down in milwaukee, Sucked really bad driving home at 7pm. mike, I see your getting rid of the t7 tune...how about a t5 tune? :cheesy:

Bigsky said:
We had about 8" of snow on Saturday night. My new Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's sucked, for an all season perfoemance tire they were bad. Maybe they meant all season except winter/really deep snow?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had one of those but sold it this summer with my '95. I'm selling my whole stage 3/4 setup and returning the car back to as close to stock as possible to sell it.

I'm planning to buy an F-250 diesel and converting it to WVO, and then I'll buy another T5 car for fun. My wife has a new CX-7 that's getting beat up as a result of my hauling construction materials all over the place.

Mike

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Just moved to Chicago-first winter "ever" since I came from Ca. God the roads here suck! It was the first time I took the car out in 32 degree weather and I can not believe how fast the car is in this climate. I have to drive in snow.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
lms said:
Just moved to Chicago-first winter "ever" since I came from Ca. God the roads here suck! It was the first time I took the car out in 32 degree weather and I can not believe how fast the car is in this climate. I have to drive in snow.
Haha, its a crazy difference in power isn't it. Im only about 1.5 hours away from you so we'll be sharing this climate for awhile.
Oh, and get ready for salt errosion. :cry:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bigsky said:
Bogus! I just bought those over the summer too. This morning I noticed I couldn't keep them planted on an onramp with salt dust on it. No ice, just dust. :eek: 2nd gear, gas, spin, let off, gas, spin, 3rd gear to stop spin, low rpm no power. Boo! That's the last time I buy tires on a budget. :evil:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I find it funny how I(many of us) tend to speed much more often when theres snow on the roads!! I was home this past weekend and we my parents and I were driving back from Costco in I think a 04 9-3. First thing my mom said and I was thinking after a stop light was I bet those people back there are thinkin "I hope that ******* ends up in a ditch up there." haha

also "your Dad doesn't drive this fast on dry roads" lol but snow is sn fun!! especially with good tires.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
My blizzaks just arrived! They will probably get mounted Sat, but wont go on he car untill he last minute/trip back to Syracuse for Christmass.

·
Registered
502 Posts
First winter with my Saab and so far so good, however, I was heading home (2 hours North of Milwaukee) to visit my folks for the Thanksgiving holiday when we had our first big snow downfall. I was doing roughly 50mph in the blizzard when I approached an on ramp with 4 cars tailgating onto the highway. Before I reached them they were all on the highway going about half my speed and when I began to pass them some inpatient fool in the middle of the line of cars darts out into the fast lane. Almost a collision because of this incompetent fool but I slowed down a bit and took my car into the shoulder where the snow was much heavier and choppier. I was surprised how well it handled while I avoided a potential accident with that idiot. I took it easy until I could get back on the road and pass that moron. My old Passport would of easily been in the ditch and that dick would of been long down the road while I'm calling the tow truck.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts