SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2005 9-5 Aero with an automatic transmission. The car has 145,000 miles on it and is in fairly good shape. Interior is decent, body is in great shape, paint needs to be redone and overall it seems to be a sound car.... Now the bad, It sat for four years due to transmission problems. Car started up right off and we drove it home, changed fluids, new plugs, new DIC, all seemed well. We drove it a few times with no issues over short distances. So we got brave and drove it around town for a bit and got the tranny good and warm and the problems showed up, lol. Love the car tho and am looking forward to fixing and driving for a good while. Its got a good bit of pep, fun to drive for a hobbled car. I live in Cookeville TN and cant find many that know anything about them or where to find parts, the standard answer ive gotten is that its a Saab take it to the junk yard. If any of you know people in the TN area that have parts, knowledge, or are friendly point me to them lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently got a 2005 9-5 Aero with an automatic transmission. The car has 145,000 miles on it and is in fairly good shape. Interior is decent, body is in great shape, paint needs to be redone and overall it seems to be a sound car.... Now the bad, It sat for four years due to transmission problems. Car started up right off and we drove it home, changed fluids, new plugs, new DIC, all seemed well. We drove it a few times with no issues over short distances. So we got brave and drove it around town for a bit and got the tranny good and warm and the problems showed up, lol. Love the car tho and am looking forward to fixing and driving for a good while. Its got a good bit of pep, fun to drive for a hobbled car. I live in Cookeville TN and cant find many that know anything about them or where to find parts, the standard answer ive gotten is that its a Saab take it to the junk yard. If any of you know people in the TN area that have parts, knowledge, or are friendly point me to them lol.
Your life is going to be nothing but headaches. I am a fulltime college student and I only work part-time, and every since I got my SAAB I have had periodic problems back to back. First I bought my saab around 121420 miles after being told everything was mechanically sound. The first thing that went was the coolant bypass valve. Okay... fair enough since it was never replaced and I was able to repair it myself took 4 hours though (recently just found out my heat doesn't work either, might have connected the hoses backward). Shortly after that my radiator lip that connected the hose went because it cracked and tore off and started smoking while I was driving through the street. This cost me around 1k for the part and labor at a mechanic shop. Now last but not least, the transmission light comes on and I don't even know what to do anymore. I'm either going to smash my car with a bat or blow my brains out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts