SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first SAAB this week...

Paid $8,500 for an 04 arc with 50,400 miles.auto w/paddles. extremely well kept. one owner. no accidents, clean carfax. garaged.Everything works(knocks on wood) recently replaced tires, xenons, brake pads. My question is what other maintenance should be done at 50k? I would like to keep the car in perfect running order. Im in love with the car, it's quick and rides awesome. I've owned a bmw,acura,vw,honda and this saab, so far, blows them away. If you can help me with any ideas or "weak spots" to get ahead on i'd appreciate it. thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome to the world of Saab and welcome to the forum!! :cheesy:

If you browse around the forum you will quickly see what are common issues with our cars. Most of the bad ones were taken care of by the time your car was built, so it should be pretty much just normal maintenance stuff, really....

·
Registered
290 Posts
"weak spots"
Again, Welcome to the family!;ol;

Being that you've owned premium cars in the past, I take it you're already used to full synthetic oil changes and premium fuel (My linear tends to like 89-90 the best). I'm sure you have the most recent PCV update(#6) as well, so you won't have to worry about that either. If you look around here you can find the maintenance requirements by milage, but as long as you keep up with the basics, you'll be fine!

Where in TX are you? Hit me up if you ever want to meet up!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in san antonio. you? Be cool to meet up if your not too far. I've been putting 93 gas since no gas stations offer the 91 that's called for by manual. 87,89 & 93 are my choices. would a 60\40 mixture of 93 & 89 be out of the question?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm in san antonio. you? Be cool to meet up if your not too far. I've been putting 93 gas since no gas stations offer the 91 that's called for by manual. 87,89 & 93 are my choices. would a 60\40 mixture of 93 & 89 be out of the question?
Stick with the 93. Whatever the best premium you can get is the way to go. You get better mileage and performance with the higher octane, to the tune of it offsetting the price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stick with the 93. Whatever the best premium you can get is the way to go. You get better mileage and performance with the higher octane, to the tune of it offsetting the price.
Thanks. Yeah wouldn't be saving a whole lot anyway. Having an issue with the ac! It's blowing hot air now. Car only has 50k miles so I'm hoping its not the comp.. checked fuse and its good. Going to test relay once I get my hands on a multimeter. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re

You may need to have the AC system recharged,or you can do it yourself.Get a kit at your local parts place.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Did you recalibrate the ACC to check for any fault codes? If not, press and hold AUTO & OFF and it will run through the check.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I did the acc check for faults and got a big fat "0" so I'm confused and its gonna be 100 degrees today.. smh texas heat is no joke

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gave it a charge, replaced valve on low port, replaced missing low port cap and it seems to be working now. Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm in san antonio. you? Be cool to meet up if your not too far.
I'm from South East Kansas haha... but there's a Facebook group of Saabers from TX/OK that I'm on if you do the whole Facebook thing..

As far as gas octane goes... some members on here might shoot me :eek:, but my linear seems to perform best on 89 (stock boost, mostly highway driving). I'd just play with the octanes and see what she likes best ;ol;

Oh and if that hood emblem bothers you.. hit up 'Meatbiscuit' on here for some custom emblems. He does good stuff

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm from South East Kansas haha... but there's a Facebook group of Saabers from TX/OK that I'm on if you do the whole Facebook thing..

As far as gas octane goes... some members on here might shoot me :eek:, but my linear seems to perform best on 89 (stock boost, mostly highway driving). I'd just play with the octanes and see what she likes best ;ol;

Oh and if that hood emblem bothers you.. hit up 'Meatbiscuit' on here for some custom emblems. He does good stuff
Naw I'm not on Facebook. But thanks for the info and thanks for pointing me in the direction for an emblem. It's on my list

1 - 14 of 14 Posts