SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently started looking at used saab's and fell in love with the newer (02 and up) 9-3's...then I found a 9-5 that looks spectacular, but is an 'aero' which I had never heard of. I came to find it's a turbo'd 4-cylinder at like 250hp!?

I'm going to test drive it on Monday, but I just want to know what to look for. The car is an 02' and has 53,000 miles, and is posted for $15,999. I thought that was a bit cheap compared to anything else I could find on the market so I pulled a carfax report and it looks perfectly clean. Is the turbo in danger of failing after this many miles? How expensive are they to maintain, or how expensive is this car to maintain in general? Sorry for all the questions; any help is really appreciated!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Welcome Bluemagic!

Wow what an into an Aero would be! Very cool :cool:

The very best thing to do is have a good read through the forums, but please remember we are here to help with problems so you get a view that the cars constantly fail, but they dont, its just we dont post on here everytime we get in the car and she flies :cheesy:

At the mileage you say she should be fresh and tight, make sure you get a very good warranty and all should be fine ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
16k for an MY02 Aero. :cool: There's probably nothing wrong with her at all, Saabs do suffer from depreciation quite badly making them a fantastic used buy. Just check the buyers guide at the top of this forum for the important things to look out for. No.1 on the list is the Positive Crankcase Ventilation hoses (PCV), they are crucial to the engines well being if you don't want to suffer sludging issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reviews I've read on the 9-3 and 9-5's state they are as good as any Acura, Audi or BMW in it's class...so I just assumed the reason they aren't as expensive is GM distributes them in North America, so everyone assumes they're junk lol.

What I meant when I said I compared it to other cars of a comparable price is I compared this one to other Saab's, and this one is several thousands under what every other comparable Saab is. I did a car fax report on it and it's completely clean. I ran a KBB report on what it should be selling for from a dealer (where this car is) and it showed $22,000? So that leaves me stumped. I'm going to test drive it tomorrow. Is there normally a 'turbo lag' that I should be aware of?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Bluemagic said:
Is there normally a 'turbo lag' that I should be aware of?
The 250 bhp aero wont have much lag ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts