SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The more I look at it the more I like it. If only they turbocharged the v8....
The good thing is that they did not half-*** the interior as much as the 9-2x. If the 9-2x had a revamped interior, I would have bought one instead of my used 02 9-5 aero.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I dunno man, I really dislike the steering wheel and the look of the seats. I mean, I'd have to sit in them of course, but they don't look very comfortable. Think they could have done a better job there. :nono; Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree.

They did such a good job saabin' the tralblazer, then skimped out on the seats and stearing wheel...

--Jeremy

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Just a thought about the seats, they remind me of the old Austin Princess/Ambassador seats - totally comfortable but only in a straight line, the 9-7 seats appear [unless they 'cup' you opun resting your derriere] to offer little side support; steering wheel? yeah yukky, but again how'sit function? if it feels right I'd live with it as it is formostly a tactile interface.

I hope my missus doesn't see these, she'll want one.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I don't think there's one on there. But why would you need it? It's an automatic. Regarding the seats, they're fine to sit in, contrary to their appearance. It's not like the 9-3 or 9-5 Aero seats, but it gets the job done. You shouldn't be doing any Aero Academy-grade driving in the SUV, so they're more than adequate. Plus the power adjustments work well and the back rest can be heated separately from the bottom.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I would personally feel more comfortable with a redline. Without it, there is a sense of incompleteness. And so what if it's an automatic? I used to redline my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the 1st and 2nd gears :cheesy:.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Question about Saab seats

apzer09 said:
Yeah, I don't think there's one on there. But why would you need it? It's an automatic.

And a four-spd automatic at that ! :roll:

Actually with the exceptions of the 9-3 Viggen and the 9000 Aero, as long as I can recall all Saabs in modern history (even 9-2X) have been criticized by the auto press/media for their stock seats lacking adequate seat side bolstering. So it's not just the 9-7X.

And in my CSE, the seat leather surfaces are waxed to a spittin' shine so they're already ice-slippery at best, and even more aggressive side bolsters would not keep me in my seat enough unless I had Aero seats.

Speaking of which, I've yet been able to find stock dark blue leather Aero seats to replace my own, it's be kewel to have just two Aero seats upfront. Anyone know if Aeros came with dark blue interior and where I might be able to find used front seats ?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I've gotta say, besides all the hooplah over the trajedy of this car, if I was in the market for one of these vehicles at this size and price range, this would be a very nice pick.

Oh and is it just me, or is our own eggs-n-grits winning the auction at a little over $2,000!!!! :cheesy:

·
Registered
815 Posts
stromer said:
Oh and is it just me, or is our own eggs-n-grits winning the auction at a little over $2,000!!!! :cheesy:
It is :cheesy: . I jumped in at $5,000 but one of the commenters on the blog is currently leading now - just over $5K. Lord knows how I'd get it to Australia if I won it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts