SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's old Mercedes 300TD had a Fire Extinguisher mounted to the seat in the Front...

I have a OG9-3 Aero Hatch.
I was doing a long distance trip recently - and decided to get a Fire Extinguisher, because I care about my Saab.
It's now currently stored in the slightly marginally less safe position (ie in the Trunk/Boot).

Given Heated seats & electric memory.. where do people mount them/place them?
I haven't done much investigation into this - so if there is a factory solution from the 900 /9-3 era It would be handy to know.
Suggestions?

It's a 1kg Auto version .. size wise.
** I have the EPC, and EAC.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
On the restorations my Father and I did we mounted them in the passenger's footwell. Either side depending on room for the passenger. Of course these were all larger, older American cars. See if it would mount somewhere nearby or in that location in the Saab.

My Buick GS455 has a small chrome Halon extinguisher mounted in there. Of course Halon is outlawed at this point. Post what you decide, I'll be looking for a good spot in my Viggen soon.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was considering the spot where there is a small net storage area in the foot-well tunnel. There are already 'bolt holes' used by the net - that potentially I could use.
In that location - most passengers wouldn't hit it much.
I did look in the EAC - and there wasn't anything that I could find against my 9-3 version.
Still - having quick access to one in the trunk is better than nothing.
I'm still working through ideas - hence the post here. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts