SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on a brand spanking new APC onto the aero today and it has become the same 300bhp Fire Breathing Monster :)cheesy: ) it was before I noticed a few problems. It's boosting much quicker now and pick up is much better.

I have noticed however and this did happen before I changed the APC but when I back off the turbo the boost guage drops down to something like -0.8bar. It's quick to rise again but I'm not sure if it should drop so low:confused: Does this sound normal. (With the air-con off I'm hitting 1.2-1.3 bar)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did'nt know there was one yesterday;oops: ;oops:

Must start checking the events thread;oops: ;oops:

Shame I missed it, hope everyone came away happy with their motor's;)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Well mine wasn't breathing fire, but it did a fair job breathing smoke. Check the Lounge tomorrow for some amusing pictures.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
semyhr said:
only 1.2 - 1.3 in MapT stage 3? isn't the ECU upgrade taking it to 1.5 approx?
I've hit 1.5bar once and boost cut off (scared the hell out of me the first time:eek: )

I've got to check base boost properly. Whenever I try the correct method of accelerating from low revs and braking I cannot get a proper reading, I suspect I'm not doing it properly. KevinC kindly checked it with me the last time at PE where we unplugged the APC connector and the needle was stopping at 0.5bar.

I'm not sure what the MapT stage 3 ecu should boost up to, if it 1.5 as you say then I obviously have another problem:roll: Arrgghhhhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I think the max boost for Maptun3 is approx 1.3 bar, but be aware there is some variation due to operating conditions, and spikes do happen. However, if everything is working right you should not hit boost cut-out.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KevinC said:
I think the max boost for Maptun3 is approx 1.3 bar, but be aware there is some variation due to operating conditions, and spikes do happen. However, if everything is working right you should not hit boost cut-out.
I hope I don't hit it again, nearly ruined the seats:cheesy:

·
Registered
692 Posts
With stage 3 you might get near the 1.5bar on a cold night in at least 3rd maybe 4th gear.
Last weekend in the heat of the day my boost only went to the end of the red :(
In the cool of the evening it was back on form again so it shows you how big a difference there is. Downside of turbos I guess. I feel a custom I/C spray coming on... hmmm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts