SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have posted this in the wrong forum so I'm reposting here. I have a 2003 9-3 Linear. My bro recently bought a Passat and upped his horsepower to 214hp and 247lbs of torque. My car feels faster but I fear in a race, my bro would wipe me out.

I need to figure out how I can compete w/ his Passat ASAP w/out breaking the bank. I don't mind spending some money just don't want to go overboard and spend thousands. HELP!!

I've been on the fine tuning portion of this site and am looking at some of the links but being a novice to cars, would appreciate any feedback before contacting some of these vendors. I just want to beat my bro's Passat... You can understand, no?

Thanks,

·
Registered
846 Posts
hatevw said:
I may have posted this in the wrong forum so I'm reposting here. I have a 2003 9-3 Linear. My bro recently bought a Passat and upped his horsepower to 214hp and 247lbs of torque. My car feels faster but I fear in a race, my bro would wipe me out.

I need to figure out how I can compete w/ his Passat ASAP w/out breaking the bank. I don't mind spending some money just don't want to go overboard and spend thousands. HELP!!

I've been on the fine tuning portion of this site and am looking at some of the links but being a novice to cars, would appreciate any feedback before contacting some of these vendors. I just want to beat my bro's Passat... You can understand, no?

Thanks,
Of course its understood! lol

But it will cost ya...do BSR Stg III for the Linear and you will embarass your bro. Check out the Parts for Saabs website for prices

Even without mods.....your car is a hell of alot cooler! :cool: Passant (sic) is kinda bland looking IMO

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
before you knew anything about the 9-3 you just bought, if one of your friends bought one of the two cars (9-3 or passat), which one would you be more impressed with? passats are a dime a dozen and the current model has been around for quite a while now. if you want to impress him, take a drive on some twisty mountain roads and see who comes out in front. if straight line speed is your main concern, go buy a $900 chip upgrade...there is plenty of information here...just search for it. also, i'm willing to bet the 9-3 will get a lot more heads turning than his passat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts