SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 9k FMIC? I found one UK place (here) but I'm aparently not bright enough to figure out how to order from them, on the site.
All the American places I find have a minimum order of as low as 25ft to as high as 100ft, at $3-$4 per foot.......all I can possibly use is ~15ft and thats stretching my imagination and making a bunch of brake cooling ducts...

I don't have any real hardware store nearby (within 30 miles) like Home Depot or Lowes (or even Plumbing places)and the stores I do have I just get odd looks in for having the tenacity of asking for tubing larger then 1" :(

Any one know of an online place I can use that doesn't have an outrageous minimum order (or heavy international shipping charges)?
Or if I have to go the steel line route, does it matter which year 9000's I take the piping from? I've read that I can use piping from them too...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spent 3+ hours driving around this one city looking for 'em today. Not at Advance Auto Parts (or any other parts store chain), 2 Plumbing places (3" pipe maybe....but not 2.5" (not thats actually flexable anyway) and they're all sold in 100ft coils at $2-$3 per foot), 2 Auto "Accessorie" places...no luck. Even tried Big Lots! out of lack of a better idea.

Can't even find 'em online anywhere. Turns out this FMIC idea SUCKS!
What does it take to make the tubes from a 9000 work?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
fetchitfido said:
Can't even find 'em online anywhere. Turns out this FMIC idea SUCKS!
What does it take to make the tubes from a 9000 work?
What makes you think you need flex hose? Why not use silicone couplers with aluminum piping? Or use a mix of stock 900/9000 piping and couplers. That is what many of us have done.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew they must have something but just searching "2.5"" (without the extra quotes) didn't get anything. Must be my problem finding it is that I didn't realize eBay separates the "Motors" section from everything else in the search.

I wanted flex hose so I wouldn't have to bother with a bunch of couplers, like the "maze" setup I've seen some people do. May just be the easiest over-all solution though.

Or use a mix of stock 900/9000 piping and couplers. That is what many of us have done.
So if I find someone selling 9000 pipes (or one in a junkyard) I can mix/match 'em to work? Think the junkyard idea will be my best bet, though I'm short on cash and the junkyards that aren't pissed at me only take cash. Will which ones I need be easy to figure out once I have them all?
I had wanted to start the car today..I didn't think it'd be a good idea to run it w/o anything connected to/from the turbo. Oh well, try again Thursday maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts