SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am toying with the idea of purchasing a 2010 9-5. I really liked the pictures of the 20 inch wheels that Hirsch developed for the 2010-2011 9'5's. The issue is that these wheels are very rare and Hirsch is not producing any more (I emailed them.)

So now I'm trying to find a six spoke 20 inch rim that looks nearly identical to the Hirsch wheels. Perhaps somebody out there has already conducted this search for themselves and found something similar they can recommend?

·
Super Moderator
18,785 Posts
Enkei GTC01?

·
Super Moderator
18,785 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Its hard to find a dead ringer thats fersure. I like those Forgestar F14's although I really wish the split spoke didn't start wider by the lugnuts, then narrow at the edge.

I've found a few things that are similar, but I have not found anything with the narrow parallel split spokes (like the Hirsch's), without a lip, that extend all the way to the edge of the rim.

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
I was in the same boat as you a while ago looking for the 19" 9-3 version of the Hirsch wheel. The unique design of the parallel 6-spoke is just that...very unique!

I ended up going with the Miro 112. Totally different design, but I think it works well on our cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I ended up going with the Miro 112. Totally different design, but I think it works well on our cars.
Good taste! I like those wheels on the 9-3. I had a 9-3 with some similar BBS rims at one point. I really liked the car it was a snappy fun one to drive when it worked. It had a ton of miles and proved unreliable which forced be to buy an Acura TL which has been nothing but reliable. Now I've tired of the Acura and have my sights fixed on a 2011 9-5. I've ruled out the 2010 as they weren't made with sunroofs lol. I test drove a 2010 Aero last weekend and was really impressed. There aren't many for sale here on the used market so I'm waiting not so patiently for one to appear.

I really am trying to find something similar to that Hirsch wheel for the new 9-5 though. I've done some searching and although I've found nothing nearly as good looking, here are a few I've found:

1. Koko Massa-7

Has 7 spokes opposed to the 6 on the Hirsch but for the price, and painted in gunmetal they could be ok.
600600100KOKO-Massa-7-Black.jpg

2. Niche Kickback T24

Good looking split 6 spoke forged wheel. The spokes aren't parallel like the Hirsch, but nevertheless if they were one solid color I think they would look good.
bg_T24-KICKBACK.jpg

3.Savini SV52
Luke warm on these-but sandblasted and painted gunmetal I may not hate them. The more I look at them I'm not sure if i like the prominent pentagonal shape in the center where the lugnuts screw in.
Savini_Forged_SV52_Wheels_65_8533_large.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,785 Posts
i vote the niches

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't really like any of them. If anything the Savanis.
What would you suggest? I'm having a hell of a hard time finding a six spoke split rim that looks anywhere as close to as good as the Hirsch...

My sample size is very limited, but I'm also surprised there aren't more 9-5 owners who have pondered this question and perhaps performed the same search.

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
What would you suggest? I'm having a hell of a hard time finding a six spoke split rim that looks anywhere as close to as good as the Hirsch...

My sample size is very limited, but I'm also surprised there aren't more 9-5 owners who have pondered this question and perhaps performed the same search.
Going to be tough, especially in 5x120 pattern.

·
Super Moderator
18,785 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
And how the heck do you find these things, I've been searching eBay and all I get is generic wheels for random Saabs even when I specified the ng 9-5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those are a unique wheel, but it makes the car look more like a VW or something to me. Not really a fan, but everyone has different tastes.

Since the creation of this thread I purchased a 2011 9-5 2.0, and am currently rolling on the stock 18's. I'm still hunting for something that looks like the Hirsch wheels, or compliments the car well.

I discovered this in my search via google and thought it was pretty funny so wanted to share (I had never previously seen 22's on a NG 9-5.) The rims look good although I'm not a fan of chrome anymore really, but 22's on the car look too big and I imagine make the ride VERY rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBTD-J3Cm0I

Sweedspeed-- Didn't you used to moderate a Volvo forum too? I used to have a 95 850 Type R that I regret ever selling. I loved that brick of a car.

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
Those are a unique wheel, but it makes the car look more like a VW or something to me. Not really a fan, but everyone has different tastes.

Since the creation of this thread I purchased a 2011 9-5 2.0, and am currently rolling on the stock 18's. I'm still hunting for something that looks like the Hirsch wheels, or compliments the car well.

I discovered this in my search via google and thought it was pretty funny so wanted to share (I had never previously seen 22's on a NG 9-5.) The rims look good although I'm not a fan of chrome anymore really, but 22's on the car look too big and I imagine make the ride VERY rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBTD-J3Cm0I

Sweedspeed-- Didn't you used to moderate a Volvo forum too? I used to have a 95 850 Type R that I regret ever selling. I loved that brick of a car.
Those wheels are YUCK on a SAAB. Size is okay, but chrome is not IMO.

No I didn't moderate a Volvo forum, but there is a forum called Swedespeed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
12 Participants
CNB
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing