SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the sweltering 90 degree weather here in the midwest I decidd I MUST have a Carmel Frap from Starbucks while I was running some errands.
I hate going to Starbucks in my Saab, though. People always stereoype us as Starbucks drinkers. LOL
Anyway, a black 9-2X Aero was next to me as I pulled up to the corner to turn in. His windows were up (AC on) so I gave him a thumbsup and a mouthed 'nice car'. He gave me the "huh?" look. He pulled up and rolled his window down.
"Nice car man!"
"Thanks!"
"Check out Saabcentral.com!"
Light was green and we got beeped at.
How rude! :cheesy:

Really great looking car. Much prettier then it's Subaru counterpart. (Of course I've seen them on lots, but still...).

This makes only the second I've seen on the road. The first was a week after they launched, not an Aero.
Are you guys enjoying the exclusivity?!?! :cheesy:
Cleveland is SaabCentral.
Also saw a 9-5 and another 9-3 vert within 2 miutes of the 9-2X sighting.
Me and the 9-3 exchanged waves. :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
CleveSaab said:
With the sweltering 90 degree weather here in the midwest I decidd I MUST have a Carmel Frap from Starbucks while I was running some errands.
I hate going to Starbucks in my Saab, though. People always stereoype us as Starbucks drinkers. LOL
Anyway, a black 9-2X Aero was next to me as I pulled up to the corner to turn in. His windows were up (AC on) so I gave him a thumbsup and a mouthed 'nice car'. He gave me the "huh?" look. He pulled up and rolled his window down.
"Nice car man!"
"Thanks!"
"Check out Saabcentral.com!"
Light was green and we got beeped at.
How rude! :cheesy:

Really great looking car. Much prettier then it's Subaru counterpart. (Of course I've seen them on lots, but still...).

This makes only the second I've seen on the road. The first was a week after they launched, not an Aero.
Are you guys enjoying the exclusivity?!?! :cheesy:
Cleveland is SaabCentral.
Also saw a 9-5 and another 9-3 vert within 2 miutes of the 9-2X sighting.
Me and the 9-3 exchanged waves. :cool:

I haven't seen any other 9-2x's on the road which I don't mind so much, it makes me feel unique. :cheesy: Since I work for Disney, Saabs are an option for a company car for VP's, so I always seen them.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
CleveSaab said:
Well said Cleve ... I've seen a few of them latey and they do look good!:cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to admit, it's good seeing other (non 9-2x) Saab owners in this forum with positive comments to us new 9-2x owners. I sort of had a feeling we'd be snubbed by other Saab owners as not owning a REAL Saab.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'm just easy to please. ;)
If it has one of these on it...

...it's a Saab to me! :cheesy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, it's really nice to hear you say that, CleveSaab. 9-2X owners certainly don't get treated well at many of the Subaru message boards that I've been on. I was starting to think I'd see the same kind of thing going on here.

By the way, hi. This is my first message here after purchasing an '05 Saab 9-2X Aero, black, with the sport package. I absolutely love it, and you really can't beat the price.

I've also picked up a Cobb Tuning AccessPORT, which even at stage one has given the car quite a kick in the pants. Should be 265 at the flywheel now.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome AK-74.

When this board first started there was a lot of slagging going on in here, too. Lately, as more and more owners take over, the nay sayers and trolls have stopped coming in here. This has finally turned into a 9-2X OWNERS forum. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
We're Shunned by Saab owners because its not a "Real" Saab.... We're Shunned by Subaru owners because its not a real "WRX"

But from people who dont own either, I've gotten nothing but compliments so far!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did 500 miles today Detroit to PA Turnpike Exit 10 and back again, including 170 miles on the OH Turnpike. Didn't see one 9-2x on the road.

Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally got mine (Aero MT5, Satin Grey, Sport/Cold) Friday. LOTS of compliments, and LOTS of ignorance as to what it is. So far everyone has been surprised that it's a WRX :cheesy: , EXCEPT when I swung into a Home Desparate P-lot, which had one of those "unofficial" car shows in it. My dinner guest and I went to the store (not to the "show") and although she didn't notice it, I noticed, all of the "show" people (kids) were STARING with that look of "WE know what it is!" on their faces. And there were a fair number of WRX's at the "show". Car's been relatively fun, except keeping the revs below 4K (I'm up to 4600 now that I'm over 200 miles) has been a bit frustrating. I KNOW it's not "necessary" to break 'er in, but what the heck. It's my first BRAND new car in 20 years....:D .

Scargo (well, not really...yet. 800 miles to go...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have only seen three on the road-all silver I think (two of them Aeros), and one Black linear parked on the street. Even at the dealer, the only ones I saw were silver and black, though I picked up my satin gray from a dealer warehouse. I thought there would be more difference with the satin gray as the color looked darker then silver in the brochure-but I love it still. It is definately a very unique car, and everyone I show it to just loves it (they love it more after hearing the GM employee discount:D ).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Impaqt said:
We're Shunned by Saab owners because its not a "Real" Saab.... We're Shunned by Subaru owners because its not a real "WRX"
I drove a Subaru WRX for over two years and just recently switch to the Saab. I post all the time in the WRX boards and nobody seems to give me a problem there. In addition, I've shown up at Subaru get togethers and everyone seems to like the Saab a lot. They treat me like another Subaru owner.

In my experience, Subaru owners treat you with the same respect given to other Suby owners. If you are getting flak on the boards it might be due to the usual noob backlash (questions about BOVs, intakes, eliminating gap, etc).

·
Registered
30 Posts
FWIW, I'm mostly getting compliments, but a majority are from teenage girls (and boys) at the school that I teach at.;) Staff like it too, and most are surprised at the (post discount and rebate) cost. Most still don't know it's a Subie, I think that those whom aren't car enthusiasts are sufficiently "distracted" by the bodywork differences (the nose, the side sills, the bumper and hatch and spoiler) to think it's all Saab. Somehow they miss the big scoop on the hood :D .

As for the Satin Grey, it's notably darker than most of the silvers on cars in the lot, the biggest comparison would be to the A4 GTi and the Civic Si that are also in our lot. AND it hides dust MUCH better, (our school is along a dirt road) which is why I sought out the color. It was this or Desert Silver.

Scargo

·
Registered
23 Posts
racerjim said:
I did 500 miles today Detroit to PA Turnpike Exit 10 and back again, including 170 miles on the OH Turnpike. Didn't see one 9-2x on the road.

Jim
Holy cow man, I was on those exact roads this past Sunday, it would have been awesome to see another 9-2x on the road. Personally I haven't seen any at all, but I love the individuality.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally did see a 9-2x on the road (well I was, in a Tour Bus, we were taking our students to Dorney Park in Allentown, PA), well, really in a parking lot in Carbondale, PA, yesterday. As I recall, it was a silver Aero w/o sport package.

First one I've seen out of the dealer's lot, besides my own.

Scargo

·
Registered
26 Posts
I drove from S.E Ohio where Im from to Indianapolis for the US Grand Prix *cough* :roll:

Then right after that, came home and drove to Rochester NY to meet my dad for a trip to England for the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

And I didnt see a single 92!!! Like said above...its kinda cool to be unique. :D

A

·
0 Posts
There's a blue Aero that goes down the same street in Santa Barbara everyday. I always have to stop and look at it (and I think the guy driving it is starting to catch on). The dark blue and the 17" wheels look pretty damn good IMHO. Other than that, I think I'm up to 7 in the 9-2x count. There are two other Linears (a red one and a black one) in SB, and I see mostly silver ones (Linears and Aeros) in LA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my Blue Aero, Sport, Cold, Premium on 2/13/05. I live in Boston and drive 40 miles round trip on some major roads here to work every day.

I have not seen 1 other Aero outside of the dealership. I love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts