SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 3 months of hunting and researching, I've found a 1992 red lpt for 2000 euro. Just absolutely chuffed and had to post :) The same seller had a blue lpt which had been uprated a bit, had an intercooler with nice fpt pipework, uprated fpr, and the boost had been upped a bit. Unfortunately the fpr was leaking petrol, the turbo was whining, water pump bearing was gone, there was an oil leak and the gearchange was absolutely terrible. He wanted 4000 euro for it, and wouldn't budge, so I just had to let it go.
Gearchange on the car I'm buying is amazing, it actually seems normal ( I currently have a nissan ). Its an english car, 141k on the clock, but seems to have been looked after. There is some rust underneath from road salt, but nothing serious. Rear shock mounts seem perfect, no bubbles on the paintwork either. Engine sounds sweet, no timing chain rattle. I'll post pictures as soon as I get the car, and I'm sure I'll have many questions as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
cool ive just got my first c900 as well which i now know is a t8 tii quite rare im told.

ive had many old cars but this is the only car ive had that after doing 152 thousand miles, still feels like new.

heres mine

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
coaldust said:
cool ive just got my first c900 as well which i now know is a t8 tii quite rare im told.

ive had many old cars but this is the only car ive had that after doing 152 thousand miles, still feels like new.

heres mine

i'm sorry, i now this is unrelated, BUT IS THAT A CAR WITH 3 WHEELS NEXT TO YOURS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
woywitka said:
i'm sorry, i now this is unrelated, BUT IS THAT A CAR WITH 3 WHEELS NEXT TO YOURS!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Oh my goodness-- I think it is! :lol: Nice catch.

Phil, I love the c900. I've had six or seven of them :eek: Once you've had one and enjoyed it, you'll never go back...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
3 wheels ;) thats what we call a "PLASTIC PIG" in the UK

its a Reliant Robin, that one looks like a SE model :cheesy: :cheesy: with go-faster stripes along the side

Paul

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
thats crazy! its got just 3 wheels. we don't have anything liek that here. new this year are thoes smart cars by daimler chrysler, they don't fit in. there are so many 20+ foor big suv's with 8 and 10cyl engines.

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
They have thre wheels and a fondness for skidding along a road on their roof :lol:

My brother saw one travelling down a gentle descent in a village, and at normal speeds. When the road levelled out this three-wheeler flipped onto its roof and skidded to a halt :lol:

But we love 'em anyway! :D Some folk even tune them :eek:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to go back to the topic, I've bought the car, tis sweeeeet :)
I'll post up a separate topic with my first list of questions tomorrow I suppose :)

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Matthew said:
They have thre wheels and a fondness for skidding along a road on their roof :lol:

My brother saw one travelling down a gentle descent in a village, and at normal speeds. When the road levelled out this three-wheeler flipped onto its roof and skidded to a halt :lol:
When i used to work at a garage there was a guy who came there to fill up his reliant often. He said it was easy to roll his if you took corners too fast, and he had done it!.

The only damage from rolling his was a slightly bent petrol filler and a cap that was impossible to remove unless you had the special knack. Quite impressive really since i'm sure my saab would get more damage if i rolled it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Matthew said:

But we love 'em anyway! :D Some folk even tune them :eek:
Makes me think of the nemesis of Mr. Bean...I forget what particular 3-wheeler that was...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts