SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

better pics later once it stops raining and i have chance to properly clean her up :cheesy:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looks good without the canoe!

haha, it's the rims right? I only have 3 and after seeing yours wish I had a 4th:cry:

Do you have the center caps?

-ALex

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nnamssorxela said:
Looks good without the canoe!

haha, it's the rims right? I only have 3 and after seeing yours wish I had a 4th:cry:

Do you have the center caps?

-ALex
haha, yep, the rims, and i'm gonna ask my mechanic about those on saturday... i got these babys for $125!!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
nice - there's a chance the caps from the sunbursts are the same size - might be worth checking.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeah, The ones from one of mine fit, but I can't remember which (yes I have 2 different styles of rims on my car) Do you have the sharper style or softer of the 15/16(?) spokes?

-ALex

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i already tried the center caps, they didn't fit :cry: the hole in the rim is too big for the thingy on the caps :confused:

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
nnamssorxela said:
Then you probably have the 1st style of rim, the other ones have bigger holes/caps.
-Alex
No I believe those were only on newer cars - he has an '87, which has the old bolt pattern, so they won't fit.

·
Registered
491 Posts
that's what I would have thought too, but he said the caps were too small, and the other ones are bigger...h/o let me go check

EDIT: the center caps from the older style (the more angular/sharp) rim should fit, I just went out and checked. What was on your car before?
-ALex

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nnamssorxela said:
that's what I would have thought too, but he said the caps were too small, and the other ones are bigger...h/o let me go check

EDIT: the center caps from the older style (the more angular/sharp) rim should fit, I just went out and checked. What was on your car before?
-ALex
a mix :lol: the 15 spoke sunburst alloy rims in the back, and in the front the older style rims... which i would like a full set of if i could find em :lol:

i looked like this for 6 months:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nnamssorxela said:
the center caps off the ones in the back should work. I have the same ones in the back, but the even newer ones in the front ;)
lol, nope, they didn't fit... too small, its irritating... ah well, my mechanic has a lot of center caps, i'm sure he has some that'll fit

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
nnamssorxela said:
-ALex
Keep in mind that your car uses the post-88 bolt pattern, and although design is the same, the castings are different.

Which might mean a difference in the center caps they use. I don't know for sure, as I've never owned any of those type of wheels.

·
Registered
491 Posts
"Keep in mind that your car uses the post-88 bolt pattern, and although design is the same, the castings are different.

Which might mean a difference in the center caps they use. I don't know for sure, as I've never owned any of those type of wheels."

-yeah I was actually just thinking that actually.

I can run to the junkyard and pick some up if your mechanic doesn't have any, just let me know.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nnamssorxela said:
"Keep in mind that your car uses the post-88 bolt pattern, and although design is the same, the castings are different.

Which might mean a difference in the center caps they use. I don't know for sure, as I've never owned any of those type of wheels."

-yeah I was actually just thinking that actually.

I can run to the junkyard and pick some up if your mechanic doesn't have any, just let me know.
ok, will do, thank you :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts