SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the ridiculous gas prices, I finally took the courage to put in 87 octane gas in my 9-3SS.

I have always been putting 91 octane gas, changed to 89 octane gas about a year ago, didn't really see any difference in performance. Now with 87 octane, I can say that there is really no noticeable difference in performance for everyday type driving, barring autocross endeavours. In fact, I think the ECU adjusted nicely to it. I went through the gears 1-2-3-4-5, and the car still revs and accelerates like before. There is probably a decrease in absolute aceleration numbers, but I can't detect it. May be the high gas prices has numbed my sensitivity to how fast my 9-3SS is accelerating. ;)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Yesterday while filling gas, the guy at the station just grabbed the pump and started filling 87 without me knowing. I realized after 10 $ worth of gas, i immediately stopped it and continued and filled 20$ worth of 91. In my tank there was already 10$ worth of 94. It really all got mixed up, any negatives?

Later on that night, i had an encounter with a TSX, and while changing from 2nd to 3rd, the car REALLY bogged down for a while before it picked up again. A first time see lag

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Vector-SS said:
Yesterday while filling gas, the guy at the station just grabbed the pump and started filling 87 without me knowing. I realized after 10 $ worth of gas, i immediately stopped it and continued and filled 20$ worth of 91. In my tank there was already 10$ worth of 94. It really all got mixed up, any negatives?

Later on that night, i had an encounter with a TSX, and while changing from 2nd to 3rd, the car REALLY bogged down for a while before it picked up again. A first time see lag
Well, without knowing actual volumes, it would seem your tank now holds fuel with an AON of about 90. Based on some previous reports of problems with fuel in BSR Stage 1 tuned cars, I think this is too low.

BSR now specifically recommends premium. I run 93 AON, as Sunoco is the only station with 94, and I won't pay their exhorbitant markup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts