SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a fill coolant message today. She needs to drive home about 20 miles. My father in law can fill it when she gets back. Does she need to get any special kind of coolant? I know a premix is probably req'd and a full system flush will be done in about a weeks time... (90 K mile service).

·
Registered
71 Posts
The sensor is very sensitive. I was getting the message when the tank level was not more than 1/2 inch below the full mark and I was parked on an incline. I put a little water in there, hit the + button on the SID and bye-bye message.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Make sure your heater by pass valve is not on its way out :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
The bypass valve is what happened to me a few months back. I drive quite a bit, about 100mi/day, and the warning came back after filling the reservoir. Then it happened again. I'd keep an eye on it.

Interesting point though, my local dealer told me no 'flush' was necessary at my recent 90k service. Something about it not being required, and that topping off with the proper fluid would do it just fine. It's been fine but is that correct?

·
Registered
679 Posts
When I did my one, I flushed it out, I know there is a service interval that specifies flushing and renewing the entire engine coolant off the top of my head I'm not sure at what amount of mileage that is to happen.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both my dealer and a very reputable indy (that works only on Saabs, Beemers, mercedes) suggested complete flushes at 90 000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts