SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi whats going on im new to this part of the forum im usally over in the ng900 part but.....aihgt here it goes first off this winter im going to be picking up a 9000 turbo. i am looking to build a street legal drag car, i am wondering what year or years are best for this also mods that can be done to get at least 200-300 hp outta the motor please any input on this subjecy would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
well the best place to start is by getting a 9000 aero comes stock with 225hp and 252ft lb of torque. I believe 1997 was the last year they produced the 9000 aero but some one can correct me if im wrong, How much do you want to spend?? you can get a stage 7 kit from maptun that will put out 470hp and 430ft lb of torque but it will cost you 13k. With an full headers back 3 inch exhaust, open air intake, and tuned ecu essentially a stage 3 kit you can get around 290hp and 317 ft lb of torque, so by starting off with a 9000 aero and an extra $1300 you can have a 290hp car, hope that helps some what. Try maptunusa.com and genuinesaab.com, there is alot of potential with the 9000 engine

Imran

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
potential with the engine yes, with the transmission, no. in any sort of high stress situation theres a goo chance you will wind up replacing transmissions once a month at the power levels im gonna assume your looking for.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesnt have to be a crazy amount of hp i just want something i can run in like the high 13's low 14's that would be fine for me my 94 900se ran a 14 with a boost controller and 2.5" exaust im just lookin for something to spank some local hondas and ****

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
an aero can run 14's with a good driver and a stage 3.

but then again my honda can hang with our viggen and its not turbo, so you may need more than stage 3 in case you run into someone that knew what they were doing with the honda.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes if i get the 9000 completely gunna gut the interio but keep driver and pass. seats but everything else out the window

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
either get the aero or the CSE turbo. Try getting ones after 1994 I think, because there was styling and tranny changes. ALso, now you CAN get a better trans, it is just quite expensive, but can handle more then 1000hp allegedly. So, if you get either of those, the only limitation is going to be your wallet. With enough effort, you can have the perfomance rebuild 2.3T engine with new turbo and everything, and be able to put out probably around 800hp. Go to maptun.com and go to the "Cars" there. THere is A LOT of VERY high powered 9000s. I would bet you that for probably around 17000$ and doing all the work yourself you can get a very reliable 700-800hp 9000. That's the goal I am shooting for. Well, more like crawling to:cheesy:

Klim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts