SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just bought a Saab NG900, it needs some attention before I can go to town on it...

First things first, my model (1995) has rear compensators on the braking system. I ordered a braided brake line kit for the 9-3 from PartsForSaabs.com, will this fit?

Next, what size speakers do the front doors take? I've been told 13cm and 16cm - I'm assuming that they are 13cm stock and need to be cut to 16cm?

Cheers guys...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Front door speakers on a NG900 are 17cm. You may need to wire the speakers as on the ng900 they were not wired up, worth the money to get them fitted if you are not a tech minded as the doors may need drilled to fit speakers and to wire through the dash. Pioneer do a really nice set of 17cm speakers for £45 that we fitted and sound good. If you have a standard head unit, don't expect amazing sound 4 x 12w! There is a thread running. http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11700&highlight=speakers

StoTrmCrow said:
Hi guys,

Just bought a Saab NG900, it needs some attention before I can go to town on it...

First things first, my model (1995) has rear compensators on the braking system. I ordered a braided brake line kit for the 9-3 from PartsForSaabs.com, will this fit?

Next, what size speakers do the front doors take? I've been told 13cm and 16cm - I'm assuming that they are 13cm stock and need to be cut to 16cm?

Cheers guys...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, yeah, I am quite tech minded, more so than mechanically!

Ok, so fitting the speakers physically may not be a problem, but what's this talk of amps/crossovers? Is there actually likely to be a built in amp with a crossover in the car, or is that the up-spec sound option? I've got a cheap and cheerful Panasonic MP3 headunit which was in the car when I bought it, this WILL be replaced soon (after all, its going to be quite difficult to install a decent amped install without pre-outs!), so I don't know what level of sound install it had as factory...

EDIT: Thinking about it, I'm having a blonde moment, I can just wire the speakers direct to the head unit/amp! Doh!

And thanks to Dubburke - that's a load off my mind!

Ok, is there anything else I need to know before I attack the door cards with a screwdriver and/or drill? :eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Removing door cards

Sorry if I was being patronising but one never knows the standard of knowledge, The amp/crossovere thing is for the 9-3, the speakers for the ng900 are better just wired into the door.

Here is a good site showing the doorcard removal points (don't miss the side push pins (these can be bought from Saab for £2 if broken).

http://www.saabcentral.com/~munki/technical/interior/front_door_card.htm.

again probably showing my granny to suck eggs but too much info is better than not enough.

PS welcome to SaabCentral, these guys know their stuff and there is always someone who knows how to do something and where to source parts.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers matey :)

I didn't see it as patronising at all, I understand what you mean, I'm a member of many forums and the level of general knowledge varies immensely!

Think I'll be having a play soon, after my brakes are done anyways!

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts