SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I did a search and didn't find much help there unless I'm doing something wrong, if so please point it out o me, First off, how can I tell if my 02 sensor is faulty? 2nd, at higher revs car hesitates it feels like it's bogging down, and 3rd, there have been many write ups in AMM,but if I set my Ohm meter at 20K, the highest reading I'm getting is 364 people are saying the optimal for it's performance should be 380 ,AMM dead, dying , or am I not doing something right again with the meter,
All help appreciated, \
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
SPG85 said:
OK, I did a search and didn't find much help there unless I'm doing something wrong, if so please point it out o me, First off, how can I tell if my 02 sensor is faulty?

Read my posting here: www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30404

2nd, at higher revs car hesitates it feels like it's bogging down

Could be as simple as old plugs/wires (replace if more than 3 years old)--but, see below.

3rd, there have been many write ups in AMM,but if I set my Ohm meter at 20K, the highest reading I'm getting is 364 people are saying the optimal for it's performance should be 380 ,AMM dead, dying , or am I not doing something right again with the meter,
Bentley says that an AMM that cannot be set to 380 ohms is bad and should be replaced. At 364, you're running a bit lean (if I've got this right ;oops: ) and this might explain your top-end miss.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I've got a fluctuation between 0.1 and 0,2, so I guess it's shot, now I was having problems with smoke coming from the exhaust after the car has been warming up for a few minutes, and now I noticed some oil seepage coming from the damper arm of the I forget the name of the peice lol, the mechanism that shuts and open a flap valve for the turbo, right under it, could it be a blown seal in the turbo allowing oil to be burnt, or maybe worse screwed up rings?? this is really getting to be a headache, also I managed to set the AMM to 380, I'm sure I had read in a previous forum to use pins 1 and 6, which I now see is wrong, yet when I had the tester on it at first I was registering 1007, a wee bit high , but at that setting though I wasen't getting any smoke from the exhaust , , I'm just trying to list everything that is hapening when I do one thing and then get a totally different thing happen to my car :(, anyway ProfZ thanks for the O2 link, and also the proper pins for the AMM , I wish I could get this rectified, it's driving me nuts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Mike,

Did you test the O2 sensor exactly as in my post, without unpugging it (as the Bentley book WRONGLY instructs)? Now that you set your AMM to 380 ohms, I'd suggest re-testing the O2 sensor to see if it's still bad.

Has the hesitation at high rpm improved with the AMM adjustment?

The exhaust smoke is probably oil--and usually comes from an aging turbo seal, unless your car has done a high enough mileage to wear the rings (at least 150k miles/250k km). You can live with it for a while, until you decide to rebuild the turbo.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I tested as you mentioned in the other post, testing on running engine will hot.
The smoke is not just a little, but a bloody smoke screen, I mean there are no more mousquitoes around after it's been idling for 5 minutes or so, but if I take it out on the road and give her a good run the smoke is gone till I let it idle for a while again as for the turbo it has 450 000 ks on it lol, I think a rebuild kit would be called for, and as for piston rings, I'll try and get a pressure gauge and check out the compression , and yes it still hesitates when asking for maximum boost and my APC hasen't been modified either

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, but I think I'll stick with eeuroparts, their OE is a dollar cheaper than bosh4less and I'll add another item to get the free shipping to Canada, they are the only ones offereing it to us unpriveledged Canucks whom our government rips off endlesly tax wise, etc. but can't seem to find a turbo kit there thought, guess a thorough search of the net might reveal something ,

And thanks dude,
Much appreciated

Mike

·
Registered
604 Posts
How do I test do O2 sensor on a lucas car. I have heard that bosch and lucas are not the same type. Lucas signal wire is red!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts