SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been advised that the ECU on my Saab 9-5 needs replaced. I have also been told that saab recalled and replaced ecus. Can anyone tell me if this is the case. My car is 1998 model 2.0t LPT.

X

·
0 Posts
Hi Graeme, welcome to Saab Central.. :D

I hope you dont mind me asking, but who has advised you that you need a new ECU? and what are the symptom's you are getting to make you think this.. !! I personaly havnt heard of a recall on ECU's but thats not to say it hasnt happened :confused: .

Finn :)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
They did indeed do a recall on some early model ecu's. Your best bet is to get in touch with Saab UK and ask them what chassis no.s it covered, sorry i can't be any more help. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Faulty ECU

Finn said:
Hi Graeme, welcome to Saab Central.. :D

I hope you dont mind me asking, but who has advised you that you need a new ECU? and what are the symptom's you are getting to make you think this.. !! I personaly havnt heard of a recall on ECU's but thats not to say it hasnt happened .

Finn :)
Finn

Thanksfor replying. Apparently Saab did do a recall and have already replaced the ECU on my car. It has been tested by a reliable local engineer who has advised I need a new one. :confused:

X

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the re-call.

If it has been replaced in the past surely it cant be broken again:( . Have the dealers indicated how much it will cost to replace?? Might be cheaper to get hold of a second hand one and have it tech 2'd to your car... :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts