SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this topic earlier on this forum, but no real repliek.

My european Saab 9-3 1.8t (LPG) from 2007 drove till last week without problems . Than the ECU gave up and the machine stopped completely for approx 1 hour, restart could drive further in limp mode. Fault code P0601. no other messages.
ECU was replaced by a revised unit at a professional certificeert garage.

Right after with the new ECU the CE warning lights up with the codes P0452 and P0498, reset is working only temporarely.

Garage say it is in the air re circulation valve but on LPG no problem to drive with, others say that it can be caused by the new ECU because of probably incompatibel software .

Who knows the trough ❓❓please help, don’t like to live with the CE light always on.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Provide you car VIN number and current ECU software number, or just the VIN and then will give you the correct software number/s and you can check yourself

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
T8 P0452 (00) is EVAP pressure sensor DTC and P0498 (00) is EVAP valve DTC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T8 P0452 (00) is EVAP pressure sensor DTC and P0498 (00) is EVAP valve DTC.
Thanks, the Meaning of the codes I know, but they where not there with the former ECU. It seems that there is a relation between the changed ECU and the new fault codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the car USA/CA and the ECU is purchased from Europe or some where else, or vice versa ?
The car is from Europe, and the ECU is delivered by the garage and should be from Europe as well, but in this world you never know.

Can that be a cause of the problem ?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Sw issue.
You need to change sw to ECU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello, thanks for your replies, and yes after pushing the garage to check up the software, they admitted that the wrong sofware was loaded And causing the problem. It will be replaced coming tuesday and hopefully it goes well than !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts