SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Quincy MA and my business is located in Norwell, MA, just down the road from Shaw Saab. I needed to price some odds and ends, and pick up a few fasteners. I walk in and ask for a couple of screws, price out a new inner fender (had a mishap avoiding an old hag of a driver who pulled into my lane without looking), and while I was there I asked about performance tuning and adding fog lights.

I struck out on tuning - they quit performance mods right around the time I bought my car (bad timing - if only I bought a few months earlier!! :( ).

Well, I got the price on the inner fender, they GAVE me the screws I needed for the immediate fix (any other GM division would have charged me at least $5.00 for a couple of screws. I'm used to getting f***ed by GM as a Corvette owner), and they quoted me a price of under $300.00 for fog/driving lights - INSTALLED, and just a few dollars more to go through all the Tech II options. On top of that, they charge only $30.00 for the aux kit. I had sourced a set of fog lights and a switch elsewhere, but I'm going to go with Shaw because not only were they very reasonable, they are actually friendly and helpful. I was expecting to be treated like crap because I have sort of an urban/punk look; I have funky-colored hair and a few facial piercings, but they were friendly and respectful all the same. I was very impressed, and when the time comes for me to buy my next Saab (I want a new one now that I'm hooked on the marque) I'm buying through them.

Anyway it was such a trivial thing and they could have reamed me for the fasteners, and where Chevy dealers won't give me the time of day for free, let alone advice and reasonable prices for parts on a $100K ($65K MSRP but dealers added on a huge amount over MSRP at the time) car. . . this Saab dealer took the time to give advice and a few free parts to a Saab owner who bought a used Saab elsewhere. I'm amazed that the dealer recognizes the little things it takes to build customer loyalty, and that while i didn't buy my current car from them, this little bit of respect will win me as a customer on a new car down the line, and will win my service needs on my current car, starting with the fog light install (they told me how to do it more easily than the howtos say, but for the quoted price I'll just have them do it!).

I'm glad Saab is going to be completely free of GM in the coming days, and that at least in this area, GM's standard customer disservice hasn't rubbed off on Shaw Saab.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good to hear that they are keeping up with their service.

I used to live in Quincy, and frequented Shaw Saab for service. They have always been professional, and very upfront with their assessments.

The service manager, Karl-Eric Andren, was a pretty nice guy. He actually talked me out of an expensive service (that was totally optional)... :p

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Good to hear. I know first hand that Sewell in Dallas/Plano(haven't been to the Grapevine branch but I would expect the same level of service), and Roger Beasley in Austin can be very pleasant as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts