SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've Googled the hell out of this, but I can't seem to find an exact diagnosis of my problem.

I was driving down the road, and suddenly cold air started blowing into my car, and it smelled like those cap guns after you fire them. I turned the dial all the way down for my fan but it stayed at the same speed. My hot air returned like 15 seconds later after I turned the fan dial back up (it didn't adjust my fan speed, it stayed the same the whole time even when completely off.)

I got out of my car after I got to my destination, and the fan continued to run even with the car completely off. I went inside, bought some wiper blades and came back out to the fan still running in my car. I drove home and Googled my problem.

Many people were saying to pull fuse 40 on the side fuse panel, I did that and the fan turned off. I haven't tried putting it back in yet to see if it will magically fix itself.

Is this a problem with that fan controller adjuster module thing behind my glovebox, or is it something simple that I can get to without massive work. If it is the thing behind my glovebox, does anyone have any personal experience with changing this out?

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Not a good time in Wisconsin to lose your heat! Mine was acting up a month or so ago and it really sucked. I pulled the glovebox and panels so many times trying to trace the problem down. I never did figure it out, the problem just went away. I followed this thread to remove my blower motor. I suspect it should be the same for the updated interior (2007+).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a good time in Wisconsin to lose your heat! Mine was acting up a month or so ago and it really sucked. I pulled the glovebox and panels so many times trying to trace the problem down. I never did figure it out, the problem just went away. I followed this thread to remove my blower motor. I suspect it should be the same for the updated interior (2007+).
I still have heat thankfully, I just can't control the fan speed.
I have to pull the fuse every time I turn off my car so the battery doesn't die.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
How would I know which one I have? Do I have to pull out my glovebox to look?
The resistor is for cars with MCC. I think 2007+ are all ACC. eEuroParts shows just the fan speed controller (the first part Diggs listed, part # 13250114) for the '07 2.0T. To be sure you can pull the glovebox, 5 screws. The side kick panel, 1 screw and it slides and pulls out. And then the top kick panel, 2 screws IIRC. The resistor snaps into the bottom of the blower motor housing so that the fins protrude into the airflow. If there is no resistor there will just be a flat rectangle on the housing. I think the fan speed controller mounts on the bottom of the blower motor housing.

Housing with the resistor.

Housing without the resistor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am having this issue. Upon further inspection , I noticed the connector that links the harness to the control module was melted, causing a short circuit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts