SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make bigger fans, to replace the stock fans? I was looking at the IC, and noticed that there would be a little more room for a bigger fan. Also curious, if there is not a bigger fan, then is there another unit that is much more efficient and moves more air. Perhaps there would be a fan with better blades. If there is such a fan, the heat would be drawn off the IC better.:)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I'm not sure a bigger fan would help unless the car was already over heating, my electric fan rarely comes on unless stuck in traffic or parking, so its not likely to be running when you are on the highway looking for some extra boost. What you need is constant supplies of cool air for the turbo to do its thang!:cool:

The other problem is that the IC itself is sandwiched between the ACC condenser radiator and the coolant radiator, quite a warm sandwich really, so if you add a bigger fan you'll either need a manual switch or leave it running all the time surely?

You could add a CO2 or water spray to the I/C I guess :confused:

X

·
0 Posts
My fan never comes on unless I am stationary. You could always create more airflow by modding your front grille, open it right up, move the horns and re-position the snorkel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts