SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just got myself into a 1988 900T Convertible about a week ago. Today was the first day driving it and I have noticed in traffic, the temp gauge goes right up to the red. Once I got it home I noticed that the fan isn't turning. I have AC but since there is no freon in the system, that fan won't start either.
Any suggestions as to where to start to trouble shoot this?
Last week I changed the thermostat, flushed the system, tune up etc. etc.
Thanks guys.

Michael

·
4,637 Posts
Pull the two wires off the radiator fan switch (on the rad) and short them together. The fan should spin (you may need the engine running for this) and the rad switch is at fault. If not, unplug the fan's connector and jump 12V directly to it. If it still doesn't spin, the fan is at fault. There's also a cooling fan relay in the fuse box. Try jumping the contacts on that too...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...gonna go try it now.

cdaly said:
Pull the two wires off the radiator fan switch (on the rad) and short them together. The fan should spin (you may need the engine running for this) and the rad switch is at fault. If not, unplug the fan's connector and jump 12V directly to it. If it still doesn't spin, the fan is at fault. There's also a cooling fan relay in the fuse box. Try jumping the contacts on that too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts